W00t 2 much n20!

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Ok, i managed to pickup my adapter for my fuel rail today, drove 45 mins (45 mins 1 way, then back ) for a 5$ adapter....almost funny~ ANYways i went to autozone and asked for a 1 or 2 range colder plug for my stang, first they tried to sell my platnum plugs and i kinda laughed , next they dont anything listed about heat ranges, I need the part number for 1 or 2 range colder plugs for 2.3, that would just about as good as it gets! anyone who could help fill me in on this, would be my best friend

Seek and ye shall find, the bible says. After 45 mins of going through/searching threads came up with

motorcraft AWSF22C
autolite 103 / 5143 / 5243 (not to sure on the autolites, they were crossrefernced)

====and=====

NGK Part Number
R5724-8

Description
NGK V-POWER RACING PLUG

We should really have a Tech section with this stuff in it! (*hint*)

Here's the deal.
Go back to the autozone and tell the shmucks that you have a friend that works at another autozone and that they should a 200 page "MOTORCRAFT" book. It gives a heat range chart in the spark plug section.

and

Motorcraft all the way!

EDIT: I think the motorcraft book is going to dissappear from my store since I'm the only the uses it.

lol, soon. I did 99% of the install today. Wired in my activation switch to a the maplight fuse, ran the activation to the WOT switch on the t/b. Thread/sealed my fuel rail adapter and braided feul line to cylinoid, and same with nitrous (mine being a used kit, i unded most of the lines ,clean them up, blew them out and re-thread sealed them) . Drilled a hole for my fogger into my ghetto (temporary, no flaming when i post pics ) ricer intake. Right now its jetted at 50hp (rear wheel i believe) i still need to get the plugs cuz pep boys nor autozone carries them, maybe gonna try a j&m performance tomorrow. So i need plugs and my bottle filled, and im ready to spray away! Already tested the noids, they clicked on and the fuel one obviously works...

As i looked through my jetting, i have a grip of jets that didnt orginally come with this kit, wich confuses me, and i am missing one jet ("20") for my 80 shot (diagram is 50/80/125/150/175). So after i get my feul pump installed and (Lord willing) the 50 shot works out perfectly, i just may jump to the 125....that should be a kick in the pants, if it holds together. I cant blow it yet though, cuz my turbo swap is still only 75% complete, parts are here, just need $ for the machine work.

edit: hey 351, are the motorcraft #'s i posted in your autozone computers? if not, it would be awsome if you could find the AZ refernce numbers, cuz i highly doubt anyone at the local autozones know anything except " are you sure you dont want platnum?"

ok, every litte thing is killing me now. Search about 20 autoparts stores and non of them carry the #' above, i mean NONE of them. I did call up Star auto parts and they cross referenced to an AUTOLITE #85 from the #103's which they dont carry. I know the 85's are not the hottest plug, but how do they match up, what is there heat range (how many up or down?) man , this is the worst part , finding the "easiest" parts.

AH, finnally found some autolite 103's (sposed to be pretty dang cold) at Kragen, now i just need to get my bottle filled. Sooo close I have to laugh, the guy at kragen was ripping on autozone's around here, hes like "those dopes dont know anything, and they usually sell you crap" ....sometimes i hafta agree, im sure kragen has its faults, atleast i know i will find one later on in the build