Want more horsies for my little 6!

2010_mustangv6

Aug 4, 2018
Destin
Hi , I own a 2010 mustang V6 . I recently got it and I want to make it mine . Performance wise I’d really like some more torque and horsepower. I don’t have thousands of dollars to drop on superchargers/turbos, or else I would have just bought a GT. So I’ve been looking for performance modifications to help step it up a notch. I looked into Cold Air Intakes and many people said they aren’t worth the money. I’m starting to have doubts now and I’m just not sure what would be best for me . I was hoping maybe someone could help me in the right direction .

• Sponsors (?)

All real performance gains cost a penny or two. The most basic and inexpensive way to add power would to allow the engine to breath. This can be done with a larger throttle body , Cai and with some exhaust work. expect to pay 200-400 for the CAI and between 200-600 for a throttle body unless used and exhaust varies. Take into consideration your states inspection and emission laws. In florida there are no vehicle inspections so you have the most options there vs CA where you cant get away with anything. Another way to gain a few HP "cheaply" is to retune the motor. If you are handy you can DIY a CAI for cheap money.