want to put 04 Cobra engine / trans / interior in my 68 ??

68 & 00 GT

May 14, 2003
HOUSTON TEXAS
So I have a compelte donor car and want to consider putting the engine, transmission, rear end, brakes, exhaust, fuel system and the full interrior from the 04 donor car into my 68.

does anyone have any write ups, or links to any good write ups ? any pics of this done ?

info / opinions / suggestions welcome.

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

If you're talking about something like THIS....

....you could check out THIS THREAD over on the "Classics Tech" Page :nice:

Now, now... don't perpetuate that old myth, my friend. We all know that every picture of that car is photo-shopped and the thread is pure fiction and imagination. No car like that has, or will ever, exist. It is a dream of dreamers. Mythbusters did an episode on it and Snopes-dot-com has had pages on it since the first post.

Corrupting young minds into trying the impossible is an irresponsible endeavour for a peer such as yourself!

you can check out the website twintorino.com. It's about two guys I know that are putting in modern drive trains and suspensions into two 60's Torinos. They are Roush engineers so they know their stuff. My project is somewhat similar but totally different on how I'm doing it. You can also look at the DVS restoration site as well.

I used modularfords.com (the modular conversion forum) for quite a lot of info...I warn you now, its a lot of work and its not worth it, personally I would hold off on the interior, classics look better with a classic interior...besides you have to hack out your stock dash panel, which has got to have some negative effect on unibody strength....and that dash wastes so much room...for all that effort its better to fix the donor and not have to worry about it all

I agree. I would stick with some of the mentioned companies and Ford Racing. Try to stick with as much original stuff as you can. Some stuff like engine,tranny, IRS,EFI can be all bolt in. The dash,stay with original! All wiring can be upgraded with painless wiring harness. Stay away from as much fabricating as possible unless you have done lots in the past,or have a big wallet! If you haven't done a few cars in the past, keep it as SIMPLE as possible. Trust me. If you want I can email you some of my 600 plus pictures of my project,that I started last August! I thought 6 months at best,was I wrong! I've done plenty of fox mustangs in the past,but this one is crazy. KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE