Water damage progress thread (Lots of pictures)

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
Finally got everything pulled out. Two days in and it looks like all is going to be okay. From what water corrosion I could see in the car, it looks like I really lucked out and it BARELY missed the ECU. :nice:

Deconstruction Begins
dscf1317v.jpg

Water in the fog lights
dscf1321s.jpg

eww.....thats not happy carpet
dscf1323f.jpg

the underside looks clean though....some minor oil spray from my rear main...but thats always been like that.
dscf1324c.jpg

dscf1325t.jpg

Why do I have two connectors under the drivers seat? I know one is for the power lumbar but WTF is the other one for? It looks identical to the wire that goes to the drivers side seat belt buckle.
dscf1328w.jpg

Door panels....got $320 from the insurance company to replace these. Picked up a set on eBay in GREAT condition with arm rests I can resell for $100. Win.
dscf1334.jpg

dscf1335.jpg

Everything but the carpet out...that's next
dscf1336v.jpg

And now for the corrosion pictures. I'm not sure what some of these connectors are....I know the seat power connectors need replacing on both sides, the fuel pump relay connector had one corroded line, and there are 2 connectors over by the ECU that have some corrosion. All in all.....I expected much worse.
dscf1355.jpg

dscf1356.jpg

dscf1357.jpg

dscf1358a.jpg

dscf1359.jpg

The connector in that last picture is at the bottom center of this one (for frame of reference)
dscf1360z.jpg

Time for a trip to the junk yard with some wire cutters.

I've ordered new carpet, and I found a set of 2001 dark grey leather seats on eBay (front and rear) that I got for $300 shipped. It's going to be better this time around than it was originally.

• Sponsors (?)

that really sucks, but at least the car is saveable, and it will be nicer when you are done. Im kinda in the same situation now, my car got hit, it sucked, but with the insurance money im gonna paint the car and it will be that much nicer in the end

that really sucks, but at least the car is saveable, and it will be nicer when you are done. Im kinda in the same situation now, my car got hit, it sucked, but with the insurance money im gonna paint the car and it will be that much nicer in the end

NOOOOO.........when did that happen? any pics?

PrimeLord good to hear the car will be saved! keep the pics coming

ahh all is well that ends well! nice progress, get everything wet away from metal and dry everything out and replace what needs to be replaced, fire her up and kick the rear end sideways and you'll forget all about that little flood :nice: keep the pics coming!

Guess again ladies. In that picture, the seatbelt is still plugged in. The connector look EXACTLY the same as the seatbelt connector...but apparently I have two of them.

I should have more pics tomorrow. I'm gonna go cut some wiring out of a junkyard car & my seats showed up on Friday so I will have those cleaned up and take some pics.

I have been reading about the seat swap and I understand that I need two power runs from the car for the seat....but this seat has 4 wires. 2 Green (hot I assume), black (ground), and a small grey/blue wire. I have no clue what that one does. Fortunately, when the seats were removed, they cut the stock SN95 plug out of the car....so I have the whole plug and about 10" of wire to work with.

Pics tomorrow.

I have been reading about the seat swap and I understand that I need two power runs from the car for the seat....but this seat has 4 wires. 2 Green (hot I assume), black (ground), and a small grey/blue wire. I have no clue what that one does. Fortunately, when the seats were removed, they cut the stock SN95 plug out of the car....so I have the whole plug and about 10" of wire to work with.

There the power seat plugs for the GT cars. Thesmall gray/blue wire is the lumbar. I did the same swop on my LX.

Okay, so the power lumbar in the stock setup has two wires. I know that. So if I splice in the two hot runs from the new seat plug to the hot from the stock harness and then I have the ground. However, I'll end up with this 4th wire for the new seat that is not plugged into anything. My schedule has been hectic the past week w/ thxgiving so I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday to make it to the junk yard & cut out the other wires that I need. This needs to be fixed soon.

I have ordered a new mini starter from PA Performance, and I still need to replace my clutch cable & mufflers when I get paid next week.