• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Water in the headlight :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter PEWTERPONY
  • Start date Start date Sep 29, 2004
P

PEWTERPONY

Founding Member
May 22, 2002
829
0
0
NE Atlanta
Sep 29, 2004
#1
  • Sep 29, 2004
  • #1
How do I get this water out. I thought of drilling a small hole or two somewhere inconspicuous and someplace it wouldn't allow more water in
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,321
18,048
224
Massachusetts
Sep 29, 2004
#2
  • Sep 29, 2004
  • #2
Just drill some holes in the bottom of the light.

I'd do the cornes of the lowest point of the housing and a couple in the center. Won't affect the light much and water will drain out as it sloshes around.
 

SVTCobra97

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2002
310
0
0
Dayton, Ohio
Sep 29, 2004
#3
  • Sep 29, 2004
  • #3
One of my headlights used to get water/fog in it. All I did was take the headlight off, take the bulb out, and place a hairdryer so it blew hot air inside the housing until it was all dry. Then I'd check for any cracks or places where water was getting in and put it all back together. Did this about 6 times until I must have finally sealed up the spot that was leaking water in. I haven't had a problem in 3 months now.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
  • Sticky
2003 Mustang GT convertible water leak
  • Eightiesrock1980
  • Jul 27, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
216
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 28, 2026
Noobz347
K
86 GT Water Pump
  • Kade5114
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
160
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 11, 2026
nickyb
coil pack bracket
  • SteveG94GT
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
150
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
SteveG94GT
B
Engine Another no start after washing engine bay
  • bruno
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
877
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Electrical Headlight Harness Route
  • dan50
  • May 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
84
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 3, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?