• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Water Pump Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter stirling33
  • Start date Start date May 9, 2007

stirling33

Member
May 14, 2005
126
0
16
Grayslake, IL
May 9, 2007
#1
  • May 9, 2007
  • #1
I recently had the front of my engine apart for repair and now it's back together but I have a leak on the bottom portion of the water pump.

My question is do I have to drain the radiator again to take off the water pump to fix the leak. I just put it back on and I am trying to avoid anymore time consuming steps so I can get my car back on the road.
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
May 9, 2007
#2
  • May 9, 2007
  • #2
yes you have to drain the radiator, but your still gonna lose whatever coolant is in the block.
 

stirling33

Member
May 14, 2005
126
0
16
Grayslake, IL
May 9, 2007
#3
  • May 9, 2007
  • #3
iskwezm said:
yes you have to drain the radiator, but your still gonna lose whatever coolant is in the block.
Click to expand...

Thanks that's what I thought but I was hoping I could get away without doing that again.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

K
86 GT Water Pump
  • Kade5114
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
172
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 11, 2026
nickyb
coil pack bracket
  • SteveG94GT
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
153
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
SteveG94GT
B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
264
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
9
New from northern MN
  • 91firecracker
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
193
The Welcome Wagon Apr 19, 2026
Noobz347
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?