Water Spots

So, I hate sprinklers...Parked overnight and came out to find mad water spots all over the side of my car. What would you guys use to get them off. They are on pretty bad, I washed it and scrubbed the areas pretty good and got nowhere. Tried some quick detailer, got nowhere. I don't think waxing it would help, putting a layer of wax on top of them seems like it would make it more difficult. I really dont want to resort to rubbing compound, because then I have to wax the car (I live in an apt so it's kinda difficult to wax my whole car by hand) Please help me this is driving me nuts.

• Sponsors (?)

Clay bar won't work. Water spots are actually deposits on the paint, usually composed of minerals and crap in the water. Sprinkler water is the worst, as it's sometimes irrigation only water that isn't meant for human consumption.

You either need to try a wax or a polish with an abrasive in it, or worst case, you'll have to buff it/polish it with a DA polisher or a rotary. A simple quick detailer or carnuba wont' remove the spots.

I would try a cleaner wax first, and if that doesn't take the spots off, then you'll have to get more aggressive with the chemicals. Always try the least abrasive chemical first, then work up from there.

as said, mothers is a good cleaner wax, i have the entire meguiars mirror glaze line myself and if i were to pick it would be the fine cut cleaner then one of the glazes followed by sealer or yellow wax

Posted via Mobile DeviceI have always heard of vinegar mixed with water helping. Ihave never tried it but it may be worth a shot. If not I would go with some Menzerna IP followed up with your favorite glaze/wax.

Wow, thanks for all the replys guys. I knew that a rubbing compound would work, and ive used it before on other spots, but there is just so much of these spots all the way from my front fender to my rear quaterpannel. I guess ill just have to suck it up and do it. Its just a pain in the butt because I live in an apartment complex and dont have access to a garage and or buffer. Vinegar and water sounds like a good idea, I just hope that it wont damage my paint or clear coat at all. Ill give a cleaner wax a try before I bust out the compound though, I assume that pep boys has cleaner waxes?

If u use an acid like vinegar w/ water mix it should work. Bassically a water spot is all the minerals left on ur paint after the water evaporates.

Or a compound like other's have suggested