Weighed a TFS TW Alum Head w/ 1.6 RR's vs E5 Iron Head w/ Stock Rockers

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
I have been keeping up with various parts I have weighed on the shipping scale I got not long ago in this thread People always throw weight numbers around but usually it's an estimate. Well here is the real deal aluminum head vs iron head weight comparison. :eek:

I weighed this a couple weeks ago, E5 Head fully assembled with stock rockers, no port work, 53.85 pounds

Tonight I weighed a Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Head fully assembled with Crane Energizer 1.6 Roller Rockers and it came in at 33.65 with the rockers, 30.05 bare. The rockers and poly locks weigh 7.05.

Thats right at 40 pounds off the nose of the car, there are gonna be some variances with different heads but the 50+ pounds claimed by many is a LITTLE high but close.

Im gonna weigh some stock rockers tomarrow or this weekend for comparison also.

Also weighed a Griffin Circle Track Aluminum Radiator, part number 1-26272-X, 15.45 pounds

Shameless plug: These TFS Heads are for sale and so are the rockers and alot of other parts from my friend's 91 GT, pics will be listed on the classifieds with more info. ;)

Here is the thread with other weight info http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=704713

• Sponsors (?)