Weird Question

3.08s were in the autos only. 2.73s were standard, 3.27s optional. i have 3.27s and im running higher than 2000rpms at 70. i bet it still has the 2.73s, unless the speedo and tach are way off because of a white face gauge install gone bad or something. look on the rear diff tag for the gear code. 3L27 i believe is the code for 3.27s, and 2E73 for 2.73s. teh letters may be different but you can easily decifer it.

the first pic of the t/a doesnt look at all like it has underdrive pulleys. that pulley is way to big to be underdrive. and your mass air meter appears like teh stock piece too. oh, and the strut tower brace is stock on 96-97s.

from those pics it really only looks like it has the CAI, t/a, and as you said an H pipe and flows. everything else looks pretty much stock. LT1s arent all that impressive stock. so if youre a good driver i can see how you could run with him with these mods.

congrats on the purchase :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

asthmaticZeater said:
3.08s were in the autos only. 2.73s were standard, 3.27s optional. i have 3.27s and im running higher than 2000rpms at 70. i bet it still has the 2.73s, unless the speedo and tach are way off because of a white face gauge install gone bad or something. look on the rear diff tag for the gear code. 3L27 i believe is the code for 3.27s, and 2E73 for 2.73s. teh letters may be different but you can easily decifer it.

the first pic of the t/a doesnt look at all like it has underdrive pulleys. that pulley is way to big to be underdrive. and your mass air meter appears like teh stock piece too. oh, and the strut tower brace is stock on 96-97s.

from those pics it really only looks like it has the CAI, t/a, and as you said an H pipe and flows. everything else looks pretty much stock. LT1s arent all that impressive stock. so if youre a good driver i can see how you could run with him with these mods.

congrats on the purchase :nice:

i had 3.08's in my first 98gt 5 speed ;)

asthmaticZeater said:
mustve been a fluke or something. cause thats from ford. 3.08s are the auto tranny gear. so i dunno.

i say he has 2.73s

anyways, heres how you do it. if you can break 100 in 3rd, you gots the 2.73s (i actually think they top out near 107 or so)

well here's a little safer way to do it, rather than making a 100mph blast down the road :p jack the back end up & mark a spot on the inside of the tires (with chalk or something) & make sure the e-brake is off, then turn the dirveshaft one time. if you have 3.27 gears the tires will rotate roughly 3 & a 1/3 times for one driveshaft rotaion (3.27 times to be exact ;) ) & if the tires rotate 2 & 3/4ths you've got 2.73's & so on :nice: