weird starter sticking issues

premo

Apr 19, 2011
san diego, ca
ok...so teh damndest thing happened to me the other day....i went to start my car. it started, the starter kept going. turned the key off and it was still going but shut off after a second. i did it again and had a friend pull the relay out and it kept going for a few seconds (maybe the solonoid is hammered??). that was weird...but not NEARLY as weird as what happened to me yesterday. same thing as before. starter kept going after i started teh car. i turned the key off, grabbed a wrench on the passenger seat i put there the other day to pull the battery cable and went to disconnect the battery. the INSTANT i opened my the starter stopped and i could hear the binging sound it makes when your key is in there. it's done this intermittent issue quite a few times now but i havent been driving the car on the daily so i havent really been to concerned. the last dozen or so times i started the car though i did so with the door open and no problems. wtf! LOL!!!

so...does anybody have a wiring diagram anywhere for the start circuit? i'm at a loss here.

oh yea, there have been no changes made to the vehicle electronically aside from a new distributor this weekend. the key switch in the steering column is brand new. there is no alarm. its a GTS

thanks in advance!
JasonP

• Sponsors (?)