Weld in SFCs CAN be removed........

I have been skeptical about side exhaut for a long time, but when I found a brand new SVO kit I bought it. I knew I had to get my sfcs out and get a new set of either PHPs, or spintechs. I am going with spintechs.

Anyhow, the purpose of this thread is, you can remove welded in sfcs. I thought about a plasma cutter, but that was too risky for me. I ended up with a 4 1\2" grinder and I went through 2 cutting wheels. Took about 2 hours from start to finish. That includes getting the car up in the air LEVEL of course on all 4 tires. I made a set of stands for my wheels. Kinda like a poor mans lift.

From the pics spintech sent me, I am confindent the side exhaust should fit. I will keep you all posted.

• Sponsors (?)

Shane, that's great that you got that figured out. :nice: And great of you to share the info. I've known of guys who removed shorty SFC's to upgrade to FL's, but I didnt 'know' the person (ergo I had no perspective into how it actually turned out). We know how pristine your ride is, so it was a very clean removal. :hail2:

A bit OT - if you have time, can you explain the poor-man's lift (or email me pics)? I am very curious about that. :nice:

HISSIN50 said:
Shane, that's great that you got that figured out. :nice: And great of you to share the info. I've known of guys who removed shorty SFC's to upgrade to FL's, but I didnt 'know' the person (ergo I had no perspective into how it actually turned out). We know how pristine your ride is, so it was a very clean removal. :hail2:

A bit OT - if you have time, can you explain the poor-man's lift (or email me pics)? I am very curious about that. :nice:

Poor mans lift = A set of 4"X10"X18" ramps, and 8 solid cinder blocks. I am sure you can figure it out from there.

I have a lift, but I haven't been able to keep the car outside of the garage long enough to get it installed. It just never stops raining. Soon the weather is supposed to change. So they tell me.

LoudToy958 said:
Poor mans lift = A set of 4"X10"X18" ramps, and 8 solid cinder blocks. I am sure you can figure it out from there.

I have a lift, but I haven't been able to keep the car outside of the garage long enough to get it installed. It just never stops raining. Soon the weather is supposed to change. So they tell me.
Ah, you had me going Shane. I envisioned some intricate scaffolding with bottle jacks or something like that. WIth a lift just waiting to go in, I can see why one wouldn't get too elaborate on the shadetree lift.

When it stops raining, everyone enjoys the day since another wont come for another year or so. :D