Weld Prostars users..Need Help

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased the wheels today. Gonna have em on Friday I think. Some people say that I wont need the extended STUDS, most say I will, for security purpose I think. I'll be doing a lot of track this summer so I'm assuming I'll need them.

I got a few part numbers right now but I think I'll wait to have the wheels on the car to see for myself before ordering stuff for nothing.

I didnt say extended lug nuts, but only lug(stud). Its just that the lug nuts are special for the Weld wheels.

Stangfreak95 said:
Its just that the lug nuts are special for the Weld wheels.

I'm well aware of this; have pro-stars on my '65 and had draglites on a prior car. What I'm saying is that you'd probably be fine ordering the regular SST lug nuts, but could also get the longer shank SST lugnuts; same basic effect as a longer stud (which you shouldn't need). I've hear that on cars that run slicks that you have to have open-ended lug nuts to pass tech? Is that what you're worried about?

NKau said:
I'm well aware of this; have pro-stars on my '65 and had draglites on a prior car. What I'm saying is that you'd probably be fine ordering the regular SST lug nuts, but could also get the longer shank SST lugnuts; same basic effect as a longer stud (which you shouldn't need). I've hear that on cars that run slicks that you have to have open-ended lug nuts to pass tech? Is that what you're worried about?

Since I've never mounted some drag wheels on my car, I'm not sure what to expect. I just think I'll have some issues with my stock STUD not being long enough through the wheel. If so, I'll need extended studs and propably other lug nuts.

And yes, I'm a little worried for not passing the tech with my slicks as well. I'm sorry to ask this, but what does SST stands for ? I'm sure its a pretty simple answer but I just cant think of it right now...

Thanks for your advice.