Well I wrecked my Mustang today...

Steaming

Apr 17, 2018
Missouri
Today was my first National Mustang Day as a Mustang owner, however, it's not going so great for me. I need some help understanding whats broken, as of now I already understand my driver side quarter panel and bumper are toast, I was mainly hoping someone could point out if I missed anything in the pictures. I just got this car last Friday and I want to make sure everything gets covered.

View: https://imgur.com/a/QH72W

Picture #1 is right after I wrecked and Picture #2 is after it was towed and brought to the Autobody shop.

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks but let's start with the basics:

Quarter panels are in the back of the car.

There is no way that we can all sit here and look at those images and tell you what's damaged internally.

You need a new fender, new bumper, and hood repair along with a new side-skirt

PLUS

All the stuff that's screwed up inside of the engine bay and wheel well. The frame will likely need straightened.

Take the car to a collision repair center and get an estimate. That will at minimum, provide you with an itemized list of identified broken parts.

This is not a shade-tree repair that you can do in your drive-way with a shopping cart full of parts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Get your insurance company to tow the vehicle to your repair shop of choice. The insurance company will have to look at it at the shop after the shop removes the damaged parts. The insurance company will write an estimate, issue a check to you and your repair shop, (less your deductible.) Once the repairs begin, the shop may run into hidden damages, and if they do, the insurance company will have to go back out to the shop and reinspect the vehicle. Once the additional repairs are authorized, the insurance company will issue a "supplemental" check directly to the shop to cover the hidden or missed damages. When you vehicle is ready for pick up, you pay the deductible to the shop and sign over the insurance checks. Ive worked in a body shop for almost 20 years and that's how it done.

Oh and... If you get a chance, post up some pics from before the fender bender. S197s are my current favorite body style.

I attached a picture of the car two days before I wrecked it

Attachments

• GYRI8094.png
    GYRI8094.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 284
Reactions: 1 user
Little Update: I should be getting it back from the shop around the 8th or 9th and I'll post some photos then. Not to happy about the wait time but thankfully due to insurance its not as expensive as it could've been.

The thing about cars, or modern cars is they are getting more costly to repair due to technological and safety equipment and sensors.

Even though yours is a little older there is no telling until a body shop rips into the car. My wife got hit in our 2008 Malibu. Only looked like the front of the fender and bumper.

After the body shop got into it, they informed the ins It was almost $6k in damages. Ins totaled the vehicle.

You’d have to check with your state or ins company to see what their repair to total loss ratio is. Every state is different.