Well, it runs......kinda...

• Sponsors (?)

For the breakin period.. If its Roller Cam and you got 20 minutes run time its pretty much set in... Flat tappet I really recommend what you suggested but with Roller there usually set within 10 minutes of run time if that.

Thanks guys! I just ordered some spark plug wire heat shields, so I should be good to go tomorrow night! :banana:

Vib, I skimped on a couple things towards the end. Like the radiator hoses, air intake tube, plug wires, fuel rails. I'll gladly replace all that stuff if I can get everyone on stangnet to donate money. :D

Wyt, Thanks! :rlaugh:

On Fire, I live in the south eastern part of Ohio, just outside of Marietta.

WhiteDevil said:
ASwesome just awesome. But how do plug wires fall off? They clip onto both ends pretty tight.

It was a tight spot and I probably didn't have them snapped on good enough. I'll definitely double check next time I start it. I should have it on the road saturday, unless some other problem shows up. I can't wait! :banana:

I messed with it a little tonight. Amazingly enough, the car idles at a steady rpm and doesnt' try to die or anything. It still has a bit of a miss to it, and I can't figure out the timing...Im thinking I just need to buy an MSD ignition system and coil...Yes, Im using the stock ignition right now, but I do have an accell coil...

I ordered some high temp(2000*) plug wire heat shields from summit, so hopefully I'll get those installed tomorrow. I also need to track down an oil leak and figure out why my fan won't turn on. Fun, fun, fun. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, soundclips! :D I just used my Kodak digi cam to get a couple quick clips, so the sound quality is not the best. Maybe once I get the car outside it'll pick up better...

This is just a short vid of the idle.(950-1000 RPM's)
http://highoutputgt.homelinux.net/movies/100_0666.MOV
And this one has it at idle, and I rev it a little(up to 2500-2700 RPM's)
http://highoutputgt.homelinux.net/movies/100_0665.MOV

Im using an MSD dizzy, I was talking about the MSD6A. My problem with the timing is when I set the rotor on the #1 cylinder at tdc, then when I check it with the timing light it's waaaay off, retarded I think. If I advance it a lot it seems to smooth out, but then it wont start again after I shut it off.

Chythar said:
Silly question, but you did remove the spout connector before setting the timing? Easy thing to forget.

Yes I did. Wouldn't it advance the timing though if I left it in? The 10* mark on my balancer is showing up on the opposite side from the timing pointer, so I'm guessing it's retarded?

I had a pretty productive night! I got the spark plug wire heat shields installed, plus a starter heat shield. I got the timing figured out, I had the dizzy one tooth off. I bled the brakes so they actually work now :nice:. I didn't have the balancer bolted in all the way and shredded a belt, but that's fixed now. My fan's not working right, so I ran a wire for a manual switch, which I'll install tomorrow. Then I just need to put the inner fenders and front bumper back on and she'll be ready for the street! I took it for a spin around the parking lot again, and it's running much better than it was last night. The low end tourqe is just insane! I'll let ya'll know how it runs on the street sometime over the weekend. :flag:

Low-5.0 said:
I had a pretty productive night! I got the spark plug wire heat shields installed, plus a starter heat shield. I got the timing figured out, I had the dizzy one tooth off. I bled the brakes so they actually work now :nice:. I didn't have the balancer bolted in all the way and shredded a belt, but that's fixed now. My fan's not working right, so I ran a wire for a manual switch, which I'll install tomorrow. Then I just need to put the inner fenders and front bumper back on and she'll be ready for the street! I took it for a spin around the parking lot again, and it's running much better than it was last night. The low end tourqe is just insane! I'll let ya'll know how it runs on the street sometime over the weekend. :flag:
YOu know what fixes that whole tooth off distributor thing. Turn it.

VibrantRedGT said:
After all that work and money and you skimped on plug wires and went with FRPP generic 5.0 wires? If you lived closer to me a slap in the back of the head would be in order.

Motor looks sweet in there.

My feelings exactly!! :(
Put some Taylor 409's on there.
Very nice setup by the way!!

WhiteDevil said:
YOu know what fixes that whole tooth off distributor thing. Turn it.

It wouldn't turn far enough, plus I found some water in the cap from the radiator hose incident. I cleaned up the water, jumped the gear one tooth, and somehow had it set right on 6*! Turned it to 10*, locked it down, and thats it. :D

Outstanding! Finally got it all squared away. :D I'll be up in Port Clinton soon and I'll drop off my car to you for the trade then.
It looks so damn amazing. :nice:
We need some videos man.

Well, I got about 7 miles on it last night. My starter is just about dead so I won't be driving it much until I can afford a high tourqe starter :(. Surprisingly I don't have traction problems! It'll spin em when I want it to, but generally it just hooks up and takes off! It's definitely a fun ride!

I posted some pics and a new idle clip here, http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=554223
I'll work on getting some driving vids in the next couple weeks. :nice: