Welp my car is up for sale

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
Hate to do it but i've put my car up for sale. I need a better car to take to college this next year and i simply dont have the funds to make the car into what i would like to. The past 3 years have been a great learning experience and some fun times and some really stressed out times with the car but thank you all for the help over the past few years. I'll be sad to see it leave but i'm gona be happy to have a car that wont stress me out so much which is the last thing i need in college. Hopefully later on in life i'll pick up the hobby again but for now its time to move on. Once again thanks to everyone who ever helped me out.

• Sponsors (?)

Sad... why not pick up a beater pos corolla off of craigslist for like 700 bucks and keep the stang? And dont tell me you cant find them cause they are all over the place. j/k be good in whatever you do man if this is your journey then hey...

I agree with PB TOMMY, mothball your car and pickup the beater. I graduated college in 2003 and for my two first years I didn't even have a car. When you graduate you will be glad you kept it.

I went through the same dilemma years ago. I was lucky enough that my parents allowed me to keep a stang in their driveway in the meantime. I bought a decent 1983 Mazda pickup to do the school/commute thing.

Although my stang went through some hard times in the driveway, it's my original high school car and I'm glad to still have it today (nearly 20 years later).

I believe we all have gone through what your are going through. i was going to buy a beater with some money i had but decided to put it into the mustang instead. lets just say i know the buss system very well. GOD BLESS my beautiful wonderfull girlfriend for understanding.

haha gas mileage is awful on the highway with the 3 speed. I've already come to terms with selling it. Right now its just more of a burden to me than anything else. Its not really my passion as of now and i havent been able to enjoy it like most of you do. But whatever...i'm passin it on to someone else and hopefully someone that will truly enjoy working with it.

I can sympathize with your dilema. I gave up my first Mustang (289 w/ 3 speed stick) due to gas mileage. I was an insurance saleman at the time and racking up nearly 100-200 miles per day. I sold it and got a 1971 used Pinto with a 1600 pushrod and a four speed. It satisfied my needs at the time, but eventually fell prey to a shaved head, recurved distributor, full length headers, turbo muffler, 50 series tires and full air dam in the front. It was awesome. Fast forward 30+ years and now on my 2nd Mustang. :D