Went back to the track! New best time!

• Sponsors (?)

You have a good h/c/i combo but on a stock aod. You NEED 410-430 gears, 3000-3500 stall, manual VB would help too. You also need some tuning. Whats your FP and timing at? What injectors? What maf??

78mph will equal about 98mph in the 1/4. 9.3= about a 14.3.
I know a guy who runs 8.6x's at 78.xx mph on slicks. Its stock with 3.73gears, longtubes, custom/homemade h-pipe, and flows w/ turndowns. its also a 5spd.

nightryder351 said:
in the 1/8th mile the best i got was 9.329 @ 78.53 w/ a 2.322 60ft. its better but im still dissapointed with the mph i think it should be around 80, but with some traction i think 8's isnt out of the question.
- Andrew

Not bad for the AOD. I would try drag radials first, and then a converter.

Even gears will not help unless you have traction.

Been there, done that.

Yeah dude I agree,get a converter!! You wont believe the difference :nice: But if you dont get some DR's,or slicks it will just spin worse.Those 60 times are terrible,get some traction before you do anything else,you have a nice combo,your 60's should be 1.8 or better.JMO!!

Thanks for all of ur replys. my top end is all stock intake, tb, maf, injectors, etc. but completely stock i ran 9.43 @ 75 w/ a 2.16 60 ft so i was hopin for 8's hopefully soon ill have a converter and intake. but im thinkin about swappin to a 5 speed.