• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Went to the track last night :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter steel1212
  • Start date Start date May 7, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Edbert

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
3,548
32
109
Austin TX
May 10, 2005
#21
  • May 10, 2005
  • #21
Bullitt said:
if you give us 60ft times, that'll help us see how much trouble you're having off the line (a lot i imagine).
Click to expand...
Ditto! Nothing wrong with 97mph, you should be well into the 13s with that speed I would think.
 
S

steel1212

Active Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,180
0
36
Frankfort, Ky
May 10, 2005
#22
  • May 10, 2005
  • #22
I haven't really had any trouble getting off the line as I have yet to really get on it off the line. I was just feeling things out and only got to do 2 complete runs. I'll have to check on those 60 foot times as they are in the car and its over at the garage. I think my main problem is my transmission and I had problems getting it to get into second gear at high rpms for some reason. Next time I go I'll have the trac loc and a new tranny so hopefully I'll be in the 13s then.
 

Stang_1973

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
565
9
38
San Antonio, Tx.
May 10, 2005
#23
  • May 10, 2005
  • #23
97 MPH sounds like Mid 14's to me.
 

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
2,391
4
49
Thousand Oaks, California
May 10, 2005
#24
  • May 10, 2005
  • #24
hell the 05 mustang had done mid 13 runs at 99... you should definitely be able to squeek a mid 14 outta that with a decent suspension setup and the aforementioned traction tweaks.
 
S

steel1212

Active Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,180
0
36
Frankfort, Ky
May 11, 2005
#25
  • May 11, 2005
  • #25
Well I just ordered some poly motor mounts, poly tranny mount, 9 inch ubolt girdle and a inch smaller fan. Hopefully that will fix everything but my tranny.

I've been looking on ebay and there is a guy selling nascar ring and pinions and he has a 3.64 that has been used one race. I was looking at it incase my 4.11 that is in my trac lok is to much gear. Do you think this is wise to purchase these or should I just call up summit and get a brand new one?
 

Edbert

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
3,548
32
109
Austin TX
May 11, 2005
#26
  • May 11, 2005
  • #26
I'd be pretty wary about buying used race parts for anything other than souveniers.
 
S

steel1212

Active Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,180
0
36
Frankfort, Ky
May 11, 2005
#27
  • May 11, 2005
  • #27
Thats what I was thinking.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
419
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
K
86 GT Water Pump
  • Kade5114
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
162
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 11, 2026
nickyb
L
Engine 85 GT Excessive Idle
  • lutzkecj
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
198
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 21, 2026
86HO5.0
8
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
519
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?