Went to the track today...need advice...also pics

Ok, so today i went to Etown to give the nittos a go, and see if i couldn't break 13's...im gonna go through each of my 4 runs, show some pics, and ask for some serious advice on what i should do for next time. Keep i mind, i know i was "asleep" at the tree...i was more concerned about the launch. Thanks :SNSign:

1st pass:
r/t- .535
60'- 2.225
1/8- 9.37
mph-75.17

ET-14.55
mph-95.39

This pass i was the first car down the track all day, so there was no rubber down, i had too much water on the nittos, i did wayy too small of a burnout in 1st gear, and i launched at 4 grand, basically letting the clutch fly, causing me to spin all the way through first.

2nd pass:
r/t- .475
60'- 2.195
1/8- 9.366
mph-75.07

ET-14.52
mph-95.91

This pass, i rolled through the water instead of spinning them once. I did a second gear burnout at about 5 grand until the tires started to grab, then i stalled:mad: I pulled up to the line, staged, and launched at 2500 slipping the clutch resulting in a dead hook, but i bogged. So i knew i had to raise the launch rpms.

3rd pass (1st pass of eliminations):

r/t- .403
60'- 2.111
1/8- 9.35
mph-74.42

Dial- 14.5
ET-14.81
mph-76.53

Since this was an elimination run and i wanted to run, I did the same thing as the run before. 2nd gear burnout at 5 grand but this time i didnt stall when i came out:D Staged the car at 2500 since i didnt wanna screw with this ven thought i knew i could do much better, but i was running consistantly. I was racing a Lightning which dialed 13.4 so i left first since this is bracket racing. At about 1/2 track, he started to gain on me, but i knew he wasnt gonna catch me, so at about 1000 feet, i let off a bit, and he still wasnt getting any closer, so right before the finish line, i got on the brakes a bit to ensure the win, and not break out of my dial. I won the race and advanced to the 2nd round.

4th pass (2nd elim run):

r/t- .313
60'- 2.145
1/8- 9.40
mph-74.85

Dial- 14.5
ET-14.59
mph-95.54

This pass I did the same thing with the burnout, and staged the car a 2500 again since i was consistant and i didnt want to break out of my dial time, and if i upped my launch rpm then, i wouldnt know how to compensate for it at the top of the track, and come to an appropriate dial. I was the slower car once again, so i left first. At about 1000 feet, i saw him like 2 cars behind me and pulling on me fast, so i stayed in it thru the traps. Turns out, we both ran .09 slower than our dial, and he beat me by 2 tenths at the tree.

Overall, I had a really fun day, and all my runs (if you look at the 1/8 mile time for the 3rd pass to compare since i got on the brakes at 1000 ft) were within .07, so i think i ran pretty damn consistantly. Now its your turn. What should i do next time that will help me out. And dont tell me more mods, cause i already know that HAHA:mad: I really wanna max out on what i have, cause im not gonna be able to get any mods for a while. Any help is appreciated. Heres a few pics to part with. :D

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

And a pic i bought in a frame from the track photographer for my dorm room in the fall:nice:
DSCN0723.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0709.jpg
    DSCN0709.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0713.jpg
    DSCN0713.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0723.jpg
    DSCN0723.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

i agree with the gears but that is a mod so....

try to launch at a higher RPM as to not bog down. you might be able to get better 60' times. work on the reaction time. all things you already know.

That picture came out AWESOME! I really need to let them do that when I get mine back together.

Who's vette is that parked behind yours? Is it the one that couldn't get past 1st eliminations? :hail2: Mustangs :hail2:

BTW- I couldn't get the video done last night. I was absolutly beat by the time I helped my dad. I'll try to get er' done this week.

thanks guys, ill be getting 3.73's eventually but i think i needa raise my launch rpm at least 1000 rpm's...i think that me launching at 4 grand the first pass and spinning deterred me from doing it again, but then i thought about it and i had so many reasons why i didnt hook....ill let you guys kno what happens next time

matt- yea the pic came out amazing! and he framed it too...and take your time on the vids...i really wanna see em, but take ur time:D

gcomfx.com said:
Very nice.... oh, and for some advice. Never try to get your best time AND bracket race. :lol:

This is sooo true. I bracket race and the key is cosistancy. I use a shift light and I can stay within 0.10s for all my runs of the day. Then it becomes a matter of R/T. If you want best time/speed go on a test and tune day.

Also, I have 3.73s and wished I had gone with 4.10s. My car is a DD with about half the time on the highway.

JJ95GTID said:
This is sooo true. I bracket race and the key is cosistancy. I use a shift light and I can stay within 0.10s for all my runs of the day. Then it becomes a matter of R/T. If you want best time/speed go on a test and tune day.

Also, I have 3.73s and wished I had gone with 4.10s. My car is a DD with about half the time on the highway.
EXACTLY why i didnt fool with my launch RPM to get a better ET...i know for sure i could have gotten much better ET's after my 2nd run when i bogged launching at 2500, but i stuck with my 2500 rpm's because i was running so consistantly...i mean i ran 14.52, 14.55, 14.81 (but i let off at 1000 ft), and 14.59....so i was within .07 every run which is pretty damn consistant with a stick car...i was just trying to win rounds because i wanted to get more seat time...next time im just gonna go on a test and tune day to get my launch rpm optimized, then im gonna win some rounds next race day:D