What are everyone's current issues (problems)??

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Not really what mods are you working on, but what problems or issues are you currently having. Maybe we can list our issues all in one forum then we can have a thread where everyone can look these over and give advice on issues that they know how to help with. Here are my current problems:

1. Have had a Tranny leak since March. Have replace the gasket, tightened everything, and most recently replaced the dipstick O-ring (last week) Was completely dry until today...2 more puddles :bang:

2. Coolant leak (slight), but I think it's coming from the T-stat housing or bypass hose, since coolant is puddled over water pump.

3. Small Oil leak..looks like front main seal, since it appears to be coming from right around the balancer area, and we just put the Romac in last month.

4. Waiting for a 4:1 FMU to be put in and re-dynoed to get the rich condition leaned up.

5. Have been wrestling with CE lights for awhile, but looks like that might be resolved.

I think that's "it" for now...

How is everyone else doing?
RC

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
2. Coolant leak (slight), but I think it's coming from the T-stat housing or bypass hose, since coolant is puddled over water pump.

3. Small Oil leak..looks like front main seal, since it appears to be coming from right around the balancer area, and we just put the Romac in last month.

RC

Same problems except I think mine is leaking coolant where the line bolts into the lower intake. It's really slight so I'm not too worried.

1. Driver's side window lift motor is out and waiting for the new one.
2. Passenger side window lift-replace new bushings.
3. Retorqued heads-DONE
4. Re adjust rockers-DONE
5. Relocate MSD Box-DONE
6. Install Strut Tower Brace-DONE today
7. Remove Dog Bone-DONE today
8. Tighten up all the rear suspension parts (air gun rules)-DONE today
9. Change oil again

My front struts are pretty much gone and the bushings in my caster camber plates are done.

str8stang036 said:
My problem is how to get the vortech on ASAP. Other than that its running great.
That's why you have no problems...Vortech is not on!

Deevoc: My coolant leak is small also.

Kdizzite: Squeaks, like my leaks, are very difficult to diagnose and fix.!

1105: cant help you with the money thing!
RC

VibrantRedGT said:
1. Driver's side window lift motor is out and waiting for the new one.
2. Passenger side window lift-replace new bushings.
3. Retorqued heads-DONE
4. Re adjust rockers-DONE
5. Relocate MSD Box-DONE
6. Install Strut Tower Brace-DONE today
7. Remove Dog Bone-DONE today
8. Tighten up all the rear suspension parts (air gun rules)-DONE today
9. Change oil again

My front struts are pretty much gone and the bushings in my caster camber plates are done.

Joe, Do you have pics of the STB and the MSD relocate..? When I get those leaks and $hit fixed, I may redo the STB, but after I get subframes.
RC

The main problem is I live in a small town that has one parts store open on sunday and their computer doesn't have the right TOB listed. I bought one Saturday at O'reillys and it was too small. I found this out after for 2 hours of trying to put the transmission back in, I gave up to try this morning fresh. After 45 more minutes, it still would not go. Went to local place and theirs showed one that was to small also. I got my storage room cleaned out though. This had better fix alot of things. :nonono:

Paul

i had the same problem with trying to find the right throttle body gasket. eventually i just made my own out of gasket material.

everybody lists them for the 96-93's and it's way to small of a bolt pattern. even the ford dealer i work at can't get me the right one. :nonono: what a bunch of idiots.

my check engine light is on after the intake install and i got codes for no egr flow. i broke the vacuum line to the valve during the install and all the parts stores are closed right now. :bang:

1. have a cracked piston in the ring land area.
2.drove it for 25 miles lasts week and when I got home sounded like someone tossed a handfull of washers down the intake :(
3.T-5 has been makeing funny noises for 2years thats a time bomb
4. had a bad head gasket and fixed that as well as doing about $1000 in other mods in the last year.
5. total amount of time I have drove it since I paid it off last Nov.1st. = 2 weeks a whole 3/4 of a tank of gas :bang:
6. overheating like everyone else.

My answer to all of this. Go 4x4ing in the Bronco(break in the 4inch sus. lift and 33's), pull motor and build a long rod 306 and add a dyne rad. by spring.

Goals.. break the t-5 by fall. at 11.8- on 175 shot.

1. A/C doesnt work
2. Clutch is really hard to push in/engages at the very top.

Few questions. Does anyone know how to check for freon? The pressure fitting from the receiver/dryer isn't like the ones on tires (with the needle that you push down). Also, i have a 95 gt but i dont know if it is r-12 or r-134a?

I think it is time to just replace the clutch. (stock one w/70k on motor)

mo_dingo said:
1. A/C doesnt work
2. Clutch is really hard to push in/engages at the very top.

Few questions. Does anyone know how to check for freon? The pressure fitting from the receiver/dryer isn't like the ones on tires (with the needle that you push down). Also, i have a 95 gt but i dont know if it is r-12 or r-134a?

I think it is time to just replace the clutch. (stock one w/70k on motor)

you can find out if you have r12 or 134a if you look at the info on the catalist(sp?) were on the fan/rad. cover there is a belt diagram/ or somewere on the hood. My 94 is the new system stuff so I would guess yours is too.

1- just finished clutch install today, now my car makes funny noises coming from the H-pipe.\

2- my vert. top does not seal all the way on the drivers side, i feel alot of air when i drive over 50. Must replace before the rain starts.

3- my winshield has hella cracks in it due to someone trying to yank off my rearview mirror.

4- need a new brake pads and rotors.

5- whenever vert top is down i get interference in the rear speakers.

i think that is it.