What are the best tires I can get???

duanee26

Jan 14, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I'm making 440 rwp right now and will be going with a KB supercharger and expecting about 600 at the wheels. The car is not going to be daily driven. It will only come out on nice sunny days. I'll probabaly take it to the drag strip occasionaly but that's all the racing it will ever see. I'm looking for a tire that will hook up with that much power. Also, something that's good on the street. Not too concerned about cost or treadwear, just want the best I can get. So far I've been looking at some Toyo Proxes RA 1's R888's and Nitto NT 05's. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I live near Seattle (yep, rains often) and during the summer months, I run BFG Drag Radials on the street (and at our local dragstrips - Bremerton and Pacific Raceways). 35 psi for the street (18 psi at the track) works well for daily driving. With superchargers, drag radials are really the best bet on the street if you want any kind of traction.

On a side note, I run 255/45/18 Continental Extreme Contact DWS's the other 9 months of the year, and they hook up great for a street tire, even with my supercharger.

The RA1 and R888 are both road course tires not drag tires, if that is what you want then they are ok. If you are looking for drag tires then get one of the drag radials mentioned above. The NT05 comes in both street tire and drag radial, not sure which one you were looking at.