Hey guys, I bought this car about a week ago, and the previous owner told me he thought it might have a small vacuum leak because when the engine is cold and you first start the car, it will act like it wants to die, then the RPMS will pick back up then it sputters again. After the car gets warm, this problem goes away??? He said it could be from a vacuum leak but wouldnt it run crappy all the time if it was vacuum? Or could it be that since he doesnt have the fan shroud/overflow bottle on it anymore that it could be the coolant temp sensor thats not there anymore so the car doesnt know that its cold? Im just throwing ideas out there. Anyway I opened the hood up and was looking for possible vacuum leaks and I found a couple of thing that I have NO idea what they do or what they are. I have supplied 2 pics in hopes that someone could tell me if these could be my vacuum problem "if there is one..."
This 1st picture is me pointing at a rubber boot that looks to me like one of these vacuum lines is supposed to plug into. What is this boot for?
This 2nd picture is my holding a tiny cluster of what looks like small vacuum lines that have been cut. What are these for?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks
This 1st picture is me pointing at a rubber boot that looks to me like one of these vacuum lines is supposed to plug into. What is this boot for?
This 2nd picture is my holding a tiny cluster of what looks like small vacuum lines that have been cut. What are these for?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks