what block would you get?

thanks. as soon as i start gettin parts i will put em all together an start posting pics, ill make a progress thread to add to list haha. i should have takin some pics of the nitrous kit before i installed it but i didnt. so far the parts list is gettin there though. just a matter of movin the 89 lx out so i can get the main part which is most likely gonna be the R block. when i pick a cam an get all that i will deff try to keep everyone posted an with pics. as for now im still tryin to find out if the r block needs machining in order to get it goin, aside from gettin the stroker in of course. any reason why that block wouldnt handle a 342 stroker an pull to 7500rpm? just doin the homework so i dont have to findout the hard way.

• Sponsors (?)

I run a R-block in one of our cars, it had to be final honed, but I went .030 over when I did, it had to be decked it was way off. it had to be line honed on the mains and I had to hone the lifter bores to the lifters. the cam bearings did not fit the stock roller cams so they had to be changed. and if you run a stroker you will have to clearance the block as I did just to run a long rod on a stock stroke. I spent another 1200 on the work but that got it balanced also and that was 300 of the 1200. I did the assy. and the lifter bores myself. they have made well over 1000 hp on them without problems.

so im lookin at about 2500 or so for the block to be ready to go. my uncles can hone it i know that much an are gonna show me how to check everything. my one uncle is an engineer an is very good at checkin specs. i really appreciate the info. so the r block is a good choice an probably the best choice for my spending limit on a block im guessing. i wanted to spend around 1500 or so on the block, knowing it would need atleast some kind of machining

Tyler, I was talkin to Matt today and he was telling me about your heads. Your gonna need about 800 bucks in work to get them ready, not including the coin for the valves and valve springs. Just wanted to let ya know so you dont find out down the road. He was sayin you gotta do a valve job to match the valves, measure for the right valve springs, do some bowl and port work, cc them, etc etc. This will all be done to make sure the heads are right where you want them and he told me all this work is good for about 50 more horse.

thanks jesse. ill have to have him do it. you told him the RHS heads right? not the old pro comps, these are better out of the box from what i hear. a member here on stangnet has out of the box heads on his 347 stroker an made 375rwhp with no work. think his name is rugger311 or something. but matt would know better then me of course just wanna make sure its the right heads thats all. im gettin them bare cuz im doin slid roller and can match the springs better to the cam i end up deciding on. but ill deff have to stop by an talk to him about them. see if mabe he can do the block too maybe. again, thanks jesse