What can i do to solve this problem?

hoss331stang

Jan 17, 2003
Williamston SC
Hey guys, i haven't been on here in several months, feels good to be back. Anywho, i have a little problem that i need some help with. My car is running rich. It always smells like gas and it fouls plugs constantly, I mean i can take a plug out sometimes and it will have gas leaking off of it. Anyway, it is down on power. For example. When i accelarate, the car gets real loud....like it should, but it doesn't "pull along with the sound" if u know what i mean. Like its loud as crap but it ain't goin anywhere. See i know this isn't normal because when i first got my car back with the new motor it was a beast, it would smoke the tires through first second and third if i floored it. Now it does good to get a good chirp in second.....Plus, when i floor it, a whole bunch of smoke comes out...not like white smoke or anything, but i mean its enough to notice...isn't this a sign of running rich? I know mustangs are known to have a little blowby, but this is alot of smoke..not like normal. I wonder how much HP and torque im losin...

• Sponsors (?)

well someones gotta say it

Check your O2 sensors, try replacing them,
Check your computer for codes,
Check fuel pressure, if its low you could have a leaky injector, esp if theres fuel ON the plug,

Just check all your sensors , Mass air, ACT sensor, Coolant sensor, TPS,

all of the above (and more) are what tells the computer the air fuel ratio and it pulses the injectors accordingly