What cause car to shut off when trying to pull running codes?

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
Ok I used a voltmeter to get koko codes worked. It made sweeps and got tps code, and I got a 96 in continuous. Problem is when I started the car to get run code car shut off. Hmmm, so I bought the innova older Ford scan tool and It worked with the koko codes but as soon as I turned on then pushed TEST The car turned off. Tried again and again. Same thing. What could cause the car to shut off when trying to pull running codes?

Well without knowing what year you car is lets figure since your here it's an 86-93 efi car

I’m soo sorry brother,thank you for your input I was written earlier from PlayStation and it was acting up I guess. It’s a 89 302 I just added get 40 heads. I never had a check engine light before, but I was thinking my gauges were acting up cuz I have a 4cycler gauge cluster and NOW that I changed heads and rev engine rpm 2 times higher than my aftermarket tach,read about that and assumed that my check engine light might be because of that. It is stuck on bu it will come off for a few sec then stay on .no blinking.So I wanted to pull codes. I know I went through that thread you sent me I did it that way,did it the way the Hayes Manuel states,and I used paper clip with voltmeter but thought maybe my car wasn’t likeing the pare clip so I bought the innova hook it up turn car on then turn inovva scanner on but when I push test the car dies out! Can this be beaus my tos voltage is out of range?