What cause car to shut off when trying to pull running codes?

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
Ok I used a voltmeter to get koko codes worked. It made sweeps and got tps code, and I got a 96 in continuous. Problem is when I started the car to get run code car shut off. Hmmm, so I bought the innova older Ford scan tool and It worked with the koko codes but as soon as I turned on then pushed TEST The car turned off. Tried again and again. Same thing. What could cause the car to shut off when trying to pull running codes?

• Sponsors (?)

Well without knowing what year you car is lets figure since your here it's an 86-93 efi car

Well without knowing what year you car is lets figure since your here it's an 86-93 efi car
yes it is its a 89 but i just put some gt 40 3 bar heads thought maybe that might be the reason

I’m soo sorry brother,thank you for your input I was written earlier from PlayStation and it was acting up I guess. It’s a 89 302 I just added get 40 heads. I never had a check engine light before, but I was thinking my gauges were acting up cuz I have a 4cycler gauge cluster and NOW that I changed heads and rev engine rpm 2 times higher than my aftermarket tach,read about that and assumed that my check engine light might be because of that. It is stuck on bu it will come off for a few sec then stay on .no blinking.So I wanted to pull codes. I know I went through that thread you sent me I did it that way,did it the way the Hayes Manuel states,and I used paper clip with voltmeter but thought maybe my car wasn’t likeing the pare clip so I bought the innova hook it up turn car on then turn inovva scanner on but when I push test the car dies out! Can this be beaus my tos voltage is out of range?