what clutch to use with a 26spline g force?

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much everyone that makes a 10 spline has the same clutch available in 26 spline. Spec, Centerforce, Ram, and McLeod just to name a few. I personally run a 26 spline McLeod dual friction disc with a King Cobra pressure plate. Light pedal and will hold around 450rwhp

I WOULD NOT get a Centerforce Dual Friction for your setup. I also have a G-Force and made this mistake. If you've seen my other threads you know what my problem was (clutch went from new to toasted with 1 trip to the track).

I actually just got off the phone with them and they kept bsing me saying my car has too much torque (390tq) than proceeding to tell me they use this clutch in 8 second cars :scratch:. Than told me my slicks were too big (26x8.5 -- smallest ET street they make). :scratch:. They were backed into a corner everytime.

Anyways sorry for the rant, I'm gonna talk to Walt at Promotion and see what he suggests. I'm looking towards a FMS pressure plate along with a McLeod disk for my combo below but will find out hoepfully later if he calls me back.

Blk91stang said:
I WOULD NOT get a Centerforce Dual Friction for your setup. I also have a G-Force and made this mistake. If you've seen my other threads you know what my problem was (clutch went from new to toasted with 1 trip to the track).

I actually just got off the phone with them and they kept bsing me saying my car has too much torque (390tq) than proceeding to tell me they use this clutch in 8 second cars :scratch:. Than told me my slicks were too big (26x8.5 -- smallest ET street they make). :scratch:. They were backed into a corner everytime.

Anyways sorry for the rant, I'm gonna talk to Walt at Promotion and see what he suggests. I'm looking towards a FMS pressure plate along with a McLeod disk for my combo below but will find out hoepfully later if he calls me back.
i was also thinking about an fms setup. Let me know what you find.

I talked to Promotionpowetrain.com and ended up getting a bunch of stuff from him. I don't have the part #'s in front of me though.

McLeod 26-spline Disk
Blueprinted High-Rev Pressure Plate (possibly FMS?)
New Throwout bearing
Firewall stabilizer
New Clutch Fork Pivot Ball

A couple things he told me to always do.

ONLY use new PAPER TOWELS to clean the pressure plate and flywheel, shop rags have detergent in them. Make sure bolts thread in ALL THE WAY for the flywheel and pressure plate before installing. And the 1-2" of freeplay I always used to have will not be there anymore and he's sending me specific directions to follow regarding setting the freeplay in the clutch pedal.

I'm gonna have this back together in the next 2 weeks so if you wanna wait to see how I did you can or just give him a call and talk to him.

Blk91stang said:
I talked to Promotionpowetrain.com and ended up getting a bunch of stuff from him. I don't have the part #'s in front of me though.

McLeod 26-spline Disk
Blueprinted High-Rev Pressure Plate (possibly FMS?)
New Throwout bearing
Firewall stabilizer
New Clutch Fork Pivot Ball

A couple things he told me to always do.

ONLY use new PAPER TOWELS to clean the pressure plate and flywheel, shop rags have detergent in them. Make sure bolts thread in ALL THE WAY for the flywheel and pressure plate before installing. And the 1-2" of freeplay I always used to have will not be there anymore and he's sending me specific directions to follow regarding setting the freeplay in the clutch pedal.

I'm gonna have this back together in the next 2 weeks so if you wanna wait to see how I did you can or just give him a call and talk to him.
thanks for the update, how much did this set you back ? if u dont mind my asking

Installed my Pro Motion setup tonight and the clutch is AMAZING compared to my Centerforce. I gotta admit it I did more than just change clutches. I installed polyurethane crossmember mounts (one was all rusted and bent up), poly trans mount, new fork and pivot ball (a must for ANY clutch change if its stock, do it once and do it right). I still have to break it in but I would talk to Promotionpowertrain.com and get one of their setups and get everything he suggests if you never replaced them. Again I stress you purchase all new poly bushings, did more good than the new clutch did.

Blk91stang said:

That whole deal with your centerforce clutch has me confused because I have talked to others running the same clutch making over 400ft-lbs. There's a guy over on hardcore50.com who has one running 11.3@122 on a 5k launch. I was going to ditch the one I planned on running but now I I'm just going to run it and see what happens. I'm not making nearly as much power so I'd be surprised if I had any problems. I just don't understand how a company can claim to sell a product that's supposed to handle 'X' amount of power then it fails. What did Wally say about centerforces clutches? I tried contacting him, I bought my trans from Promotion, but he hasn't called me back yet.

mikemustang289 said:
That whole deal with your centerforce clutch has me confused because I have talked to others running the same clutch making over 400ft-lbs. There's a guy over on hardcore50.com who has one running 11.3@122 on a 5k launch. I was going to ditch the one I planned on running but now I I'm just going to run it and see what happens. I'm not making nearly as much power so I'd be surprised if I had any problems. I just don't understand how a company can claim to sell a product that's supposed to handle 'X' amount of power then it fails. What did Wally say about centerforces clutches? I tried contacting him, I bought my trans from Promotion, but he hasn't called me back yet.

Well I didnt actually receieve a "Dual Friction" setup. They talked me into getting this "light metal" disk and pressure plate which was supposively better. 4 months later when my clutch is fried, they tell me I need a different pressure plate cause the one I have is junk (Funny how Jegs and Summit ONLY sell the pressure plate I purchased no matter what style (I, II, Dual Friction)) so I can't see how it wasn't made for my car.

Wally said he has seen it happen before and didn't say anything about their clutches. When I finally talked to him, he was in an airport on his cellphone giving me part #'s. :D . He's a busy guy and defiantly tries to help out problems a lot more than these other clutch companies which don't know jack.