What did i see? Black mustang convertable.

mijo_latino

Apr 16, 2004
Canton, Michigan
Today on my way home from discount tire, I saw a 2005 black mustang GT, with the top down. I was surprised because I thought they weren't even dealing with converts yet.
Now help out with this though, this GT had dark charcoal 18 inch bullit rims and behind that, it seemed like slotted and/drilled rotors :shrug: Ford expiermenting with aftermarket parts?

Oh, the driver was a suit with a lady friend and a kid in the back.

Im in michigan Canton/Wayne area so its common now to see the 05's on the road, but not this 05. What did i see? Any one have a clue about the brake upgrade on this one?

• Sponsors (?)

Ford is making a push into the aftermarket parts industry. In fact, they are to be doing a lot of performance and cosmetic parts for the Focus. Primarily the focus because they realize that, although you could have bought a SVT Focus, people in that age group couldn't afford it. They buy new or more likely, used Focus's and then add aftermarket parts as they go. Ford realizes this is a huge profit making sector of the industry and wants to capitalize on it. So, having said that, although I have heard no specific mention of Ford doing the same for the Mustang, outside the stuff they always offered, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they are ramping up to offer Ford aftermarket parts for the Stang. Typically, they would introduce that stuff after the first model year. It makes sense to test that aftermarket equipment while testing the Vert Prototypes. It very well could be, that you saw, not only a vert, but one with Ford aftermarket parts.

EDIT!!
After I posted this, I saw someone else posted this Ford News article about this very thing. It appears, they are doing it for Mustangs. And, on a larger scale than I suspected. http://www.fastdrive.org/news.php?extend.199