• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

What drag tire and rim can I run?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SmockDoiley
  • Start date Start date Dec 14, 2003
S

SmockDoiley

New Member
Jun 14, 2003
1,591
2
0
San Diego, CA
Dec 14, 2003
#1
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #1
So the 2004 drag season is starting Jan. 3rd and all I need now is the intercooler and slicks. I want to run a 26 by 10 on an 8 inch rim cause I've seen this combo do well and make plenty of traction. I'm probably going to buy a classic smoothie rim because they are cheap but I need to know what backspacing I should get. I dont want to run spacers so it has to be right the first time around. Anybody else know for sure? Its a standard width 8.8 in an 85 GT with rolled wheel welds.
 
S

SmockDoiley

New Member
Jun 14, 2003
1,591
2
0
San Diego, CA
Dec 14, 2003
#2
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #2
oops, strike that. 26X8.5 on 7 inch rim. With that I shouldnt have any clearance problems. I'll just measure the backspacing on my 99 cobras to check.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
28"x9" tire clearance
  • Sparky714
  • Jun 15, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 19, 2025
Sparky714
Wheels-Tires What size tires for a 18x10/18x9 setup?
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Dec 8, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 27, 2024
LX Dave
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
228
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Specific Cam Questions that Google can't seem to answer...
  • ChillPhatCat
  • Jun 20, 2024
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
3
Views
832
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Jun 22, 2024
ChillPhatCat
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?