What good is the throttle body and plenium and how much power does it add!

• Sponsors (?)

i got a BBK 70mm and trickflow plenum. not sure how much it adds. didnt put it on the dyno afterwards. i would say with what you already got maybe like 9-13 hp? dunno how accurate that is. just a guess. i have heard good things about the accufab plenum & t/b combo. but its more $$$ than most other combo's. i guess it depends, do you care if its more or not and if it does cost more, is it worthit to spend an extra what ever to get 1-3 more HP?

good luck man.

Seraphitia102 said:
sorry, i'm not too knowledgeable, but what's a plenum and is it required for adding a throttle body?

That silver box with the Pony on it that sits on top of the intake is the plenum. Several companies make aftermarket ones that add horsepower and torque. It's not required to change the plenum when changing the throttle body.

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

The stock cobra throttle body flows pretty well, you would be wasting your money. Putting on an aftermarket throttle body will give you maybe 1-2hp at best. The only cobra people that see decent results are the ones that have forced induction making over 500hp.

Seraphitia102 said:
sorry, i'm not too knowledgeable, but what's a plenum and is it required for adding a throttle body?
OMG, please change that avatar - looks like you have a mouth full of goo and you don't swallow.
image.php