What hood should i go with and what rise?

Hey guys i am running a 351W, and i got a airgap, 750 holley and a 9" eldbrock breather for the top end setup, i was wondering what size hood im gonna need to clear this and what kind and brand should i go with...Pin on or Bolt on?

I currently have the hood scoop from a older mustang on it with my hood cut out before with my street dominator and the new intakes 2" higher or so...just looking for some opinions.

heres a pic

bunchapics097.jpg

dragraces06005.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i dont have a 351, but it looks like youll be a good 3" over the hood with the new intake and nitrous spacer. If exploding gopher is thinking about getting away with a 4", you should be able to do the same. The only thing i would recommend is retaining your safety catch and using it on the new hood. id hate for you to have that new hood fly back and whack your windshield and cowl panel

alright but im not really fond of the plain cowl hoods, and i see your point with the pin ons but its alot cheaper lol

A hood is for life, if you know what i mean. It gets painted, so buy it once and once only. So cost should be the least of your concern. If you need to wait a while and save up, that's what you should do.

BTW, a plain cowl hood is the only timeless hood out there. The rest are trendy, and come and go.
A foxbody has alot of square corners, so the square edges of the cowl match it.
Most hoods people here use look like new age hoods on old ass cars.

i dont have a 351, but it looks like youll be a good 3" over the hood with the new intake and nitrous spacer. If exploding gopher is thinking about getting away with a 4", you should be able to do the same. The only thing i would recommend is retaining your safety catch and using it on the new hood. id hate for you to have that new hood fly back and whack your windshield and cowl panel

not only did i think about it, i did get away with it...barely, i'm doing some body work this weekend and getting the hood done and on, but it does fit :) and im happy that i can see over it again lol. i have about 1/4 to 1/2" clearance above the MSD billet dizzy.