What Hp

I have a 90 notchback mustang,302. E303 cam,498 lift,282 duration, precision ground micro polished crankshaft, shot peened stress relieved connecting rods, Edelbrock aluminum 60 cc cylinder heads, stainless steel intake 2.02 stainless steel intake,valves,1.60 exhaust,gt -40 intake,Mac exhaust with H-pipe,shorty headers,373 gears. What kind of hp to crank?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that it's ROTATIONAL horse power. :dead:

For a more comprehensive answer, fill out the following form completely and affix firmly to your rear window:

Dyno Sheet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hp doesn't mean anything my friend. It matters how the car applies the Hp to the ground. Tell me what the difference is between a 300 and 325 hp car on the street. Depends on the rest of the setup and driver. Newbs get all focused on HP because it looks good in their sig, when it means very little elswhere.

That being said, I'd guess around 270-280 ish hp. If you have stock 19lb injectors you are most likely are not making 350hp.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that it's ROTATIONAL horse power. :dead:

For a more comprehensive answer, fill out the following form completely and affix firmly to your rear window:

Dyno Sheet.jpg
Please pencil the Hp and Tq intersection at 5250 please.... The rest is simply a guess

So much for this place,thanks for the serious answers. No time for this much sarcasm,too many wisea**es.

You will likely find that any serious automotive forum that's not peppered with hondas sporting exaggerated dyno results for vtech, nightmarish rear end spoilers (on front wheel drive cars no less), and under-glow kits, don't take these kinds of questions seriously.

Every combination is different. Change one thing and the results go out the window, have the AFR off a little bit, and power and torque curves skew dramatically. Take a 500 HP car and watch him get his ass smoked by someone pushing 300 at the wheels with a suspension that's done right.

So.... What kind of an answer WOULD you like?

I don't imagine that you've been to the dyno thread to look for similar combos to your own to see what those guys are making...
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/the-dyno-1-4-mile-time-thread.677534/

We got a guy running around this forum that's making 300 ish HP with E7 heads and stock intake and short block. No kidding. Will you ever make that with a similar combo? Probably not.

So when the one-million, seven-hundred forty-nine thousand, three-hundred sixty-third person comes in and says, "What's my HP" then perhaps you can understand that you're talking to CAR guys and not a bunch of people who stand around the Walmart parking lot with their Mom's grocery getter, wearing their hat on backwards, and their pants down below their asses.

The truth of the matter is that your HP doesn't matter unless you're starting with X and trying to get to Y and think that there might be a problem somewhere that's preventing that from happening.

We could all spout numbers out all day long. Wouldn't be any more correct than throwing darts at a board. What's more is that I could dyno your car at one location, drive it over to another and get a completely different number.

So there is my SERIOUS, non-sarcastic answer. It still doesn't answer the question you initially asked but perhaps.... just maybe.... It will assist you in better determining what questions to ask.

Previous responses were an attempt to keep things on the lighter side. :O_o:

Noobz

Reactions: 2 users
If I sand all the paint off my car will it be lighter and faster? I would keep my stickers on of course (+5 hp ea right?).

How many seconds will I shave off my 1/4 time with this mod?

Why aren't you guys taking me seriously? :cry:

Ok,ok,I'm just a sensitive noob. Itza notch, it had a saleen wing on it, which I removed.good move?I thought it looked hideous.

I'm on the fence about Saleen wings on a notch. Some folks make them (with other exterior mods) look really good on the car while others just look like they're trying too hard.

With that, we'll return to our regularly scheduled bafoonery. :D

Oh... and post pics of your ride when you have the chance. :)