What insurance for stated value on a 1992?

pcm2a

Aug 29, 2006
I have used Statefarm for over 15 years and they have always been amazing except for when it comes to valuable older cars that arent antiques. I had a 1993 Mustang that I valued around $10k and when some old lady crushed the fire out of it I got screwed big time. My 1969 Chevelle has a antique stated value but they offer no such thing for a1992 Mustang.

Are there other insurance companies that offer some kind of better coverage? What I am looking for is something similar to this:
- Insurance company collects pictures and maybe on-site inspection of the car
- Stated value is determined, say $8000 for an example
- If the car is smashed/totaled I will not be handed a check for $3000
- A bonus would be if the car is hit at all I would be compensated for the loss in value. Currently it has a totally clean carfax/no wrecks.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks I'm checking it out now. Another good coverage feature to have would be guaranteed paint matching.

I had a pristine low mileage Honda Del Sol that someone smashed with it in a parking spot. Their insurance (also Statefarm) would not paint it to match so my choices were pay the difference for a full paint job or have a few panels that were shinier than the rest. What a bummer and yes it seems that I've had bad luck with my older cars.

I have grundy "agreed value" policy very cheap for very good coverage and value amount. I have no mileage restrictions just cannot be use it for work, and needs to be garaged. $257 for the year.

Actually, those collector policies are very cheap. $200-300 a year for a value of $8000-10000. Some have restrictions like must be 2nd vehicle, mileage restrictions, must be garaged, etc. Great policy to have if it's your "toy"

I have an agreed value policy through State Farm. They insured my 89 for $8000. The premium is about $15 per month for full coverage and no mileage limit. They took pictures of my car, and required me to provide them with examples of similar cars selling in that price range.