what is a good intake to get I hate my Torker II no pick up?

• Sponsors (?)

you need a performer rpm intake to go with the performer rpm cam you have. the torquer ll was designed to run in the 2500-6500 rpm range. that or you need more gear, like a 3.50 gear.

65stang289 said:
I get paid here in a week and I want to get a set of gauges and a intake I get payed $300 so that should cover it. IF not I just wait two more weeks for it then Iam tired of Honda's right at my door and I cant pull on them because I have no lower end.. :bs:

The edelbrock performer rpm is a good choice, or you can get the air-gap rpm, for a cooler, denser mix and a bit more power in the upper ranges of your power band.

A 2400 stall torque converter might help you, also. Just a thought...

IMO:

You need more gear for your setup. A dual plane intake would be a band-aid at this time, but that will not cure your root problems.

The big issues I see are:
C6 tranny, it's tough, but absorbs 2x's more hp than a C4. You are losing 20+ hp at your wheels. Worse yet, the heavy internals in the C6 sap even more torque.

The cam you are running requires more gear, the issue is magnified even further with the C6.

The Torker 2 intake is not a torque friendly intake. The plenum is large and the runners short. It is one step away from a Victor Jr.
If you feel you must go to a dual plane intake, consider the F4B or the Stealth to be the only worthwhile choices.
A Torker 289 or X-Cellerator would be best, combined with a loose converter, and 3.50/3.70/3.89 gears (you pick).

If gears and/or converter are not an option at this time. You might be best off to use the bandaid, F4B (or one of it's many versions) or Wieand Stealth intake will help you some. You are on the right track, the Torker 2 is not a good intake.

Good luck
Dave

...Or I could sell you my old Edelbrock Streetmaster cheap!...rev's well, but has a better low end than a Torker. I was very pleased with that intake, 600cfm carb, cam, headers...well, I WAS satisfied. Actually, I'm currently installing a 5.0 efi motor (with heads, cam, injectors, bigger mass air, etc) and 5 speed. Hadn't started thinking about what to do with the old parts! Unfortunately I can't re-use my headers due to suspension/steering changes. So...recycle!

Sometimes I think that NONE of us are EVER satisfied with our mustangs....and may GOD help me when I get started engine/suspension/drivetrain on the '65 2+2 I recently acquired!

weiand stealth is nice, i don't have any experience though. the edelbrock perf. rpm pulls nicely from idle to redline; the performer 289 was designed specifically for stock or near-stock applications, so it gived great low end, but peters out over about 4500rpm. our convertible with a nearly stock 302 can put a lil bit of a hurting on my much more modified 302 off the line; the vert runs a performer 289 and mine a performer rpm.

Here's my suggestions for an intake: Ford Racing A321, Edelbrock F4B, Shelby's "Cobra" high rise dual plane, Or Fords older C9OX. ( these are all basically the same intake) Next would be a Performer RPM ( reg or air gap) With his limited budget, the A321, F4B or Performer RPM can be had used for $100-150, leaving another $50 left for oil, filter, and gaskets. And the rest towards guages. I';d leave the guages for last, they do nothing to make his car faster.

I am going to go get some gauges right now because I have no gauges in there but a Old Tach from the the 1980's. The rear gears I know I need to get some higher ones. But the car now runs high rpms. My speedocable broke :nonono: so Iam like nascar watch my 5inch Tach every time I drive :D :rlaugh: . Ok when I drive 45mph I know on my tach it is 3100 Rpms. But when I drive 65-70 Iam pulling 4700 or 5,000 in that range. I will tell you this it will pull after 4 grand I have done it and got it up to 5 and then I backed down.

I dont want to hurt my car but why in the hell is it pulling so much

I think something is wrong if you are at 5K at 70 MPH. You would have to have a 15.5 inch diameter tire to be that high. I'd say you tach is wrong, you're not in 3rd gear, you have a 5+ rear gear ratio or you have some wheels and tires I've never seen before.