What is up with this?

mach271

Oct 16, 2004
New Jersey
I know this is a 2005 forum but i am asking for some help from ALL Mustang enthusiasts

I was driving my mach before...i was doing 50 i was in OD....as i approached a light i put it into neutral....as i came closer to the traffic light i started to brake....i felt the brakes were DEAD....i looked at the tach and seen all the lights on...i realized that the car had just shut off.....thank god i was on a country backroad or i could have been killed!
What is up with this...i started the car back up and it was fine....
i since drove it for about 25 miles and it has been fine....is there something wrong?
I called the service dept. and they told me to bring it in on monday....
Have you guys ever had this problem?
I have a 04 with 2700 miles on it!
The car is Bonestock......
I am scared to get back in this car....any input would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Stang8URMPRT said:
It's a Mach, that's why. Sell it and buy the faster 05 V6. :rlaugh:

Oh and by the way EVERYONE is sick of looking at that stupid ass picture of Bush and ballons!

Find something that will suit yourself better like a picture of a male bodybuilder...i know you would probably like that!

My Audi A6 had the very same problem resently. I would be driving along and suddenly i would realise that the engine had stopped running and all the lights on the dash were on. Power sterring would die, power brakes would die, everything.

It turned out to be the Thermo Sender unit. It was faulty and was telling the computer that the car was overheating, so it would shut down to protect itself. Apparently its not an uncommon problem in modern cars, not just Audi's.

Before i replaced it this would happen at least once a week. I replaced it two months ago and it hasnt happened since.

Stang8URMPRT said:
hahahaah..... I do this just for that reaction. Priceless! The internet bully! Go post this in 4.6 Tech. :lock: :lock: :lock:

I know you do.....ahhhh its all good man!
Im just trying to get some insight from my fellow mustangers!
You dont ALWAYS have to be derogative...im pretty sure you have some kind of info related to my problem (other than my car itself) if not you shouldnt even post!

this is just a shot in the dark but its possible you didnt disengage the clutch and the engine shuts off. Once the engine shuts off the power brake booster is useless because i believe it uses a hydraulic booster. No engine on = no brakes to work. Im sure the ford techs will figure out something. Just make sure to tell them exactly what happened.