what kind of cam should I buy

• Sponsors (?)

what kind of cam should I buy to put in my 1989 lx 302 boss mustand I have a 410 gear and a few other mods suck as headers and exhaust if any one could give me some opions I really would appreciate thanks.

I am guessing you do not have aftermarket aluminum heads or intake yet. Swapping in a cam without doing intake and heads is a lot of work for not much gains except for different idle. Then if you do different heads, cam, intake you should do injectors, throttle body, mass air, fuel pump, etc...

If your car is a street driven car, you can't go wrong with the trickflow stage 1 cam or the FRPP e303 cam along with the appropriate heads and intake.

Make you should get the type of cam that has lobes on it.

Seriously though like jsw said, if you are still running the stock heads and intake you are largely wasting your time. You have gears and exhaust now, I would look at the suspension on the car, and invest in some full length subframe connectors.

When I started modding mine, I knew it was going to be while before I was able to dig into the engine/drivetrain. So I did subframes, springs, dampers, a five lug conversion, and Cobra brakes. The car was still pretty slow, but it made it a lot more fun to drive in the mean time. Plus now I have a better foundation for go fast parts.

what kind of cam should I buy to put in my 1989 lx 302 boss mustand I have a 410 gear and a few other mods suck as headers and exhaust if any one could give me some opions I really would appreciate thanks.
LMAO!
It's bad enough when clueless *****s don't have a ******ing clue about the difference between text messages (can these ******s even read a book, newspaper, or article on the web?) and the real world.
But, for someone to misspell Mustang on a Mustang forum in their first short post on the web site, that's sad!

you_fail_003.jpg

I have a 410 gear and a few other mods suck as headers and exhaust if any one could give me some opions I really would appreciate thanks.
Sorry, even the IBM Watson computer said WTF?

Attachments

• you_fail_003.jpg
    you_fail_003.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 80
Seriously though like jsw said, if you are still running the stock heads and intake you are largely wasting your time.
Maybe he has to replace a bad lifter and timing chain?

Otherwise, IMHO, just about any dual-pattern cam is better than the cheap single pattern cams that Ford used.

And, that includes the "B" cam that add 300hp to a stock motor, and an "E" cam that add so much HP to the stock engine, there isn't a Dyno in this universe capable or measuring that massive HP gain! :rolleyes:

Damn, I didn't bookmark that animation someone did and posted on youtube on "how great the B cam is". Anyone have the bookmark?