• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

What kind of wheel is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IH8BOWTIES
  • Start date Start date Aug 30, 2009

IH8BOWTIES

Member
Jul 6, 2008
92
1
9
Aug 30, 2009
#1
  • Aug 30, 2009
  • #1
I bought this 90 convertible to restore. Once I cleaned this wheel up, I realized these were some pretty nice polished aluminum rims and thought they looked pretty good. Problem is, I am missing one of the center pieces. The tires are brand new (paid $400 for the whole car). If I knew what kind of wheel it is, maybe I can track one down. Thanks.
[/IMG]
 

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 3, 2003
2,566
136
104
Dallas, TX
Aug 30, 2009
#2
  • Aug 30, 2009
  • #2
Sorry I am going to be a troll rather than any help but you like those wheels?
 

stang&2Birds

Founding Member
May 4, 2000
2,091
5
58
New England. :-) CT/MA
Aug 31, 2009
#3
  • Aug 31, 2009
  • #3
mob said:
Sorry I am going to be a troll rather than any help but you like those wheels?
Click to expand...
IMHO, the rims are not that bad! And, they are much better than the ricer cr*p I see on many cars.

IMHO, they are much better than steel rims or cheap wheel covers. And, that very general similar "style" has been used on a number of OEM rims. They remind me a little of some of the older mid-size GM rims.

Otherwise, for the OP, I have never seen those before.
 

Maryland Stang

Active Member
Aug 21, 2002
1,656
30
39
Greenville, NC
Aug 31, 2009
#4
  • Aug 31, 2009
  • #4
It looks like some sort of Chinese wheel. There's only a million Chinese manufacturers. Take your pick. That little center cap is plastic isn't it?
 

IH8BOWTIES

Member
Jul 6, 2008
92
1
9
Sep 1, 2009
#5
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • #5
I didn't like them at first. I guess it was a combination of cleaning them up and growing on me a little. This car had been sitting outside for over a year through all four of Oklahoma's seasons. The center caps are aluminum as well. I agree with stang&2birds. They look alot better than most crap out there available in 15 inch. When I get the car done, we'll see. I may just go with some 5 star ponies and say heck with it.......
 

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
8,058
1,643
194
NJ
Sep 1, 2009
#6
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • #6
IH8BOWTIES said:
I may just go with some 5 star ponies and say heck with it.......
Click to expand...
I like that plan a little better than putting effort into finding one of these rims.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Sep 1, 2009
#7
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • #7
I;m sorry, but those wheels are hideous. They are the same kind of rims i see ricers put on there cars. In fact, i swear i've seen em before on a 90's minivan near my house.

You can do much better.
 
S

superspec

Member
Aug 14, 2006
78
1
6
Sep 1, 2009
#8
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • #8
they look like a cheap knock off of the 90s-early 2000s neaper wheels.

go back to an original style IMO.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
396
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
441
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
O
Good all around perfornace-ish tires?
  • optionizerSS
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
424
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 15, 2026
TPony
D
96 get convertible-sell or part out?
  • DTCstang
  • May 17, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
5
Views
249
What is it Worth?!?!? May 18, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?