What should be next for my sn95

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I cant wait to talk with you all. I am ready to add my next modification to my Mustang for this coming season of driving. I have 99 base model with about 125xxx miles. I am not looking to force power out of it i just want it to be a little quicker is all. What is done to it so far is:

Engine: SR Performance Cold air intake, BBK 65mm Throttle Body
Suspension: SR Performance Front Strut tower Brace, SR Performance front and rear Sway bar, and Raceland Coilovers
Exhaust: A custom Dual split with no mufflers starting before the axle stock pipe size (Previous owner)

I also have Nitto Nt555 tires wrapped around american muscle torque thrust wheels.

My Thoughts on the next mod where to be either long tube headers or an LSD

What are your thoughts let me know brands to look into as well
IMG_1616[129].jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Think about stiffening the chassis and suspension a bit more to plant the power you have...replacing upper and lower rear control arms/bushings (I use Maximum Motorsports...HD lowers); add the SR rear shock tower brace; and, add subframe connectors (I use Southside Machine/G Force bolt ins...very nice). If a stick shift with the factory shifter, your driving experience will be enhanced with a new shifter (I use MGW).

I forgot to mention that my car is a 5-speed with the MGW short throw. My car is already very firm as it sits and I do daily drive it and I don't want it to be super stiff. Do you really think that continuing to stiffen my car is the right next move??

The mods I mentioned will help stop chassis twist and power loss in the rear suspension...although it may not be a factor for you given the current state of play. On my car, the SR swaybars (which you already have) made the biggest change in making the ride feel stiffer, the other pieces changed the handling attitude. That said, of your long list, I'd pick the LSD...or do what you want. Cheers.

My answer for cheap, very noticeable acceleration is always gears.
i like my 4.56 gears. I launch and do donuts in 2nd gear and can drive in 1st. A 1st gear dig you will not get traction with stock tires though, just saying.I don't know about with better tires.
Huge overall improvement compared to the 2.73 ratio.

Adam,
It depends on what you want your mustang to do. If you want acceleration go with 3.73 gears or 4.10 gears. 3.73 has good drivability on the highway still. 410's and highway driving is not preferred. Like someone mentioned above you will need some bigger tires to handle the power if you go with a different rear end. I have 4.10's in mine and I ripped through 1,2 and into 3rd. I love acceleration. Not a fan of top speed. Hitting light to light quickly is fun. For the cost and difference it makes different gears make a huge noticeable difference and is inexpensive.

BTW Long tube headers suck to install. The engine has to be unbolted and hoisted up a couple inches to get them to fit. I have long tube headers so I know.

This is my 99 GT It Has alot of work done to it

410's with good tires will improve your 0-60 times more than 3.73's. 3.73's and third gear will pull much harder 50 mph to 80mph. 410's and you will get up to 25mph much quicker and will get to 55mph in second gear much faster. I'm assuming you drive a manual. You will have to shift a lot sooner with 410 gears. Higher gears will in turn reduce your top speed in each gear 1st through 4th gear. Where lower end gears (stock for example) increases your top speed in each gear. Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• 20130813_155719.jpg
    20130813_155719.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 20130903_145938.jpg
    20130903_145938.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 20130903_145950.jpg
    20130903_145950.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 138