What should I set my timing to?

• Sponsors (?)

yup, just bring it up a degree or two at a time and let her run and drive her. i woudlnt go any higher than 14*. i can run 87 gas on up to 17* of timing but my car runs best at 14* on 93 after many many days of testing :)

isnt it kinda hard by just driving or is it that noticable? I got my mechanic to fix my timing, but i think he might of ment lower it because after I got it back I noticed a bit of powerloss unless It was just my imagination, if he did set it a bit off would I notice a power diffrence?

This is why im thinking of checking my timing...(plus i want to make sure shes set for best peformance)

Okay, running 89 octane is not a good idea with that much base timing advanced.

In my opinion, engine detonation is most noticeable in our cars with the windows rolled up, radio off, and fair engine load in between 3rd and 4th gear. It kinda sounds like somebody dropped marbles in the intake or a bird flapping it's wings extremely fast.

You should be able to hear it fairly easy, but if you don't feel confident, have your buddy ride a long with you a couple times and put the engine under load as mentioned above.

I would really step up your octane with that much advanced and if it starts pining, back it off.

Something else, make sure your TDC is the right one for your car and ensure it hasn't been spun. I've seen too many cases where this has happened and your timing will/could be off by 20+*.

The best of luck! :nice: