What spark plug wires to buy.

I gotta get some new spark plug wires because mine are getting a lil old and are starting to break up when the engine gets hot. Right now i got taylor 409s but do any of you have any suggestions with the mods i have and the mods that are to come:D ...and also what spark plugs should i run just some copper because thats what i have now... and also what gap should i have them at?

• Sponsors (?)

Couple guys here think he's talking plugs but he's talking wires...

I went with FRPP 9mm as my first replacements. The distributer plugs started breaking within a year (in the hot Vegas heat). Then I bought MSD super conductors. 8.5mm. I've had them for three years now, no problems (and they look good too.)

Btw, I use NGK iridium IXs iridium (not platinum), TRX55. Great plugs.

ON EDIT: I meant "distributer plug caps" and not "distributer plugs". The plastic caps on the wires were breaking.

EngineBay800.jpg

Attachments

• EngineBay800.jpg
    EngineBay800.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 49
GDawg said:

I went with FRPP 9mm as my first replacements. The distributer plugs started breaking within a year (in the hot Vegas heat). Then I bought MSD super conductors. 8.5mm. I've had them for three years now, no problems (and they look good too.)
Is that on the stock coils or did you get aftermarket?

GDawg said:

Btw, I use NGK iridium IXs iridium (not platinum), TRX55. Great plugs.

ON EDIT: I meant "distributer plug caps" and not "distributer plugs". The plastic caps on the wires were breaking.

EngineBay800.jpg

I coil setup on the older mustangs. The coil is one unit for each side of the engine. The newer mustangs come with a coil that plugs into the spark plug and they run right by the fuel rails or close anyways.

Attachments

• EngineBay800.jpg
    EngineBay800.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 51