What spark plugs for nitrous? (nitrous experts enter)

:shrug: which spark plugs should I run for a wet NX 75-100 shot on my 2000 GT?? part number's would be great :D

Going to pick up a used kit from someone. It has the 10lb bottle, window switch, pressure gauge, etc.....

what all will i need to keep it safe until i can get a dyno tune? the tune probably wont come until around Oct./Nov., so i will probably only use the nitrous a few times at the track until the tune.

Im also going to add a tranny cooler to my 4R70W prior to the install.

• Sponsors (?)

Autolite 103's. It's copper and 1 step colder from stock. Use this, or the AR193 (or something, I can't remember the number), its harder to find though since its an autolite 'racing' plug but the only difference is its 2 steps colder.

I really don't advise spraying until you've got money on hand for a new intake.. try to restrain yourself until its tuned :nice:

If you can afford the New NGX IR6X Iridiums, not the old ones, Id go for it.....I'm running Autolite Racing AR94's , there 2 steps colder with a cut back design to minimize fouling & tips breaking off or welding shut......I'm running 125 shot now, going to a 150-160 shot in 2 weeks......

Autolite 103's or Motorcraft AWSFA 22C's. Some people suggest also gapping them at .035 but they will wear quickly with such a small gap.Running a gap around .042 will cut the wear down and still allow you to spray, hopefuly without missing (spark blowout). Best thing is plugs for the track and plugs for the street.

There are guys out there with broken electrodes on 103's after spraying....Just so your not suprised if one fails.......(Autolite Racing Plugs) AR94's are cut back specifically for nitrous applications & will eliminate that problem.....

streetstang03 said:
dammit!! i cant get a definite answer about this anywhere :(

If it helps any,your better off going too cold than not cold enough. You'll be fine to go with the AR94's, it's just that they have a higher tendency to foul the colder you go. It won't hurt anything if you go too cold, it's just that you may have fouling issues. You can always try them, if they foul, go up 1 heat range. I've had good luck with just 1 heat range colder running the 100 shot.

97gtblue said:
i have a question.. someone told me to change my plugs every 3 or 4 bottles.. is that true
thanks
Not to change them.......Do a Plug "Check" after the first few times.....If your at the track & running it hard do a plug check periodically to see how they look, you won't have to worry about it as much with AR94's.......

CanadaStang said:
The AR94's are 2 heat ranges colder than stock.You won't need to go that cold unless your spraying a 125 shot. Too cold a plug = fouling
True......But I figure once he feels the 100 shot......the 125-150 will only be a few days away......Correct 100 Shot 1 step colder....125+ 2 steps colder.......