Engine What to do to car after sitting for 20 years

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I will remove it tomorrow. Would a faulty clutch safety switch cause the injectors not to work?
I'm not sure that it would target injector firing. It would keep the engine from cranking over at all though, and from what i understand your engine is turning over so, no, it doesn't seem as if that is your issue. Injectors not working at all is uncommon.

Did you do the check list?
Is there anything else you haven't told us about the car? It took 17 posts to reveal a viper alarm,
If you do the list you will stop wasting you time and money,
Example: fuel pressure, just because you can hear the pump run does not mean you have pressure. There is a rubber hose on the pump that disintegrates and the pump will not build pressure,
Swapping ecu, again, doing the list will tell you if it is communicating, swapping a ecu from another vehicle can damage that one.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I will remove it tomorrow. Would a faulty clutch safety switch cause the injectors not to work?

No. The car won't crank. I assume that car is turning over, but just not starting.

You really need to check fuel pressure. There is a rubber hose on the fuel pump that lines to split. Essentially you are then just pumping gas back into your tank. Just rent a fuel pressure guage from your local parts store. Check the pressure when the pump primes.

You really need to go through the check list. ANything else is just firing the parts cannon at the car and hoping you get lucky.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you do the check list?
Is there anything else you haven't told us about the car? It took 17 posts to reveal a viper alarm,
If you do the list you will stop wasting you time and money,
Example: fuel pressure, just because you can hear the pump run does not mean you have pressure. There is a rubber hose on the pump that disintegrates and the pump will not build pressure,
Swapping ecu, again, doing the list will tell you if it is communicating, swapping a ecu from another vehicle can damage that one.
The no-start checklist is Gold. Follow it in order and your car will be running again.

No. The car won't crank. I assume that car is turning over, but just not starting.

You really need to check fuel pressure. There is a rubber hose on the fuel pump that lines to split. Essentially you are then just pumping gas back into your tank. Just rent a fuel pressure guage from your local parts store. Check the pressure when the pump primes.

You really need to go through the check list. ANything else is just firing the parts cannon at the car and hoping you get lucky.
Thank you. I did go over everything on the list. The car won't crank at the ignition switch. I changed the starter solenoid. I'm going after the alarm I'm removing right now. It's an old ass viper 600hf alarm. Crossing my fingers its that

Fuel pressure 39. Removed alarm from car now it cranks from ignition switch still no start though. I replaced the ignition coil as well

Now go through the checklist, this is the thing with generic questions, I should have asked more specific questions,
The heading was very misleading,
What's up fellas. I'm having an issue and need help pls!
I bought a 90 mustang gt that was sitting for over 20 years. Sent the block and heads to get rebuilt. I set the timing replaced gas but won't start. Could the injectors be stuck? I do hear the fuel pump and did take out fuel from the line. I took out a plug and there is spark. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!
When you say you hear the fuel pump, and state there is spark but you didn't say it was not cranking with the key, is that the issue now?
As usual I'm confused.

The no crank checklist is absolutely the most valuable tool I've seen in this hobby for any model/year.

The first thing I check is the solenoid. Then I start reading the checklist.

Now go through the checklist, this is the thing with generic questions, I should have asked more specific questions,
The heading was very misleading,

When you say you hear the fuel pump, and state there is spark but you didn't say it was not cranking with the key, is that the issue now?
As usual I'm confused.
I'll go through the checklist again. Fuel pump has 39 psi I checked it. The car cranks through the ignition switch and there is spark. It back fires but won't start

Either you didn't do the checklist correctly or there is something else you're not telling us.
When the pointer is at 0* on the balancer and piston is at the top of the compression stroke is the rotor at #1 plug wire?

Either you didn't do the checklist correctly or there is something else you're not telling us.
When the pointer is at 0* on the balancer and piston is at the top of the compression stroke is the rotor at #1 plug wire?
Started bro thank you guys so much! It I checked the clutch switch and it was spliced with the alarm it started and sounds amazing!

Reactions: 1 user