• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

what track tire for 15x8 rim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 97gtconv.
  • Start date Start date Nov 26, 2004

97gtconv.

Member
Jul 31, 2003
244
0
16
Lock Haven, PA
Nov 26, 2004
#1
  • Nov 26, 2004
  • #1
I have 2 15x8 American Aluminum Slots and I want to put some rubber on them. I just want these tires for when I decide to go to the track. I don't wanna $200 for one tire or anything like that. I just want a good track tire that's inexpensive for what I want to do. Thanks
 

Wayne S

Founding Member
Aug 2, 2002
471
0
16
Warwick RI
Nov 26, 2004
#2
  • Nov 26, 2004
  • #2
97gtconv. said:
I have 2 15x8 American Aluminum Slots and I want to put some rubber on them. I just want these tires for when I decide to go to the track. I don't wanna $200 for one tire or anything like that. I just want a good track tire that's inexpensive for what I want to do. Thanks
Click to expand...


275/50/15 for DRs

26/10.5 for cheater slicks D.O.T

26/8 or 26/8.5 for true slicks
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Nov 26, 2004
#3
  • Nov 26, 2004
  • #3
M/T ET Streets
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
745
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
202
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
374
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?