What type of suspension setup do

• Sponsors (?)

if you've got the budget for it i'd go with the TCP coilover front and G-bar rear, the shocks are matched and can be had in single or double adjustable versions. get a set of subframe connectors as well, that will help the car feel more like a modern car. now if you only plan to do the front suspension check out the Global West coilover system with the "negative roll' version. i've heard that GW is also working on a new coilover type rear suspension as well right now, but haven't heard exactly what yet, so you might consider contacting them to see how far out they are on it.

if you just want to tighten the car up some and don't have a huge budget there's alway Opentracker stuff, he can set you up with whatever you need.

also don't forget that a raack and pinion conversion goes a long way to better road feel as well, for that you have a few choices, TCP, RRS, Randall's Rack, Steeroids and Unisteer. if you go with TCP stuff then use the TCP rack, a more budget friendly rack kit would be Randalls, Steeroids or Unisteer, stay away from the flaming POS Flaming River rack kit....it blows hard.

i also wouldn't cut the car up for a mustang II style system either

I want something that drives nice for the street. I want something that handles
good. I had rebuilt the front end a few years back and I swear my Father in laws
1970 Grain Truck drives nicer...LOL. I was thinking maybe do the CPP kit with
the upper and lower control arms. Maybe doing a Randall Rack also. Im thinking once the thats done then maybe a Heidts 4 link or maybe TCI rear suspenson. Right now I want to get the front done.

I want something that drives nice for the street. I want something that handles
good. I had rebuilt the front end a few years back and I swear my Father in laws
1970 Grain Truck drives nicer...LOL. I was thinking maybe do the CPP kit with
the upper and lower control arms. Maybe doing a Randall Rack also. Im thinking once the thats done then maybe a Heidts 4 link or maybe TCI rear suspenson. Right now I want to get the front done.

i think the CPP kit, with some Opentracker roller perches and springs with the heidts rear would be an awesome combo and if heidts had that rear kit for the cougar i'd be all over it for the price, since they don't i'll be using the TCP G-Bar kit and i already have the TCP rack for it so i might as well go all out and do a coilover front end as well.

I have a Ron Morris front kit mainly becasue I got a smokin deal on it on Ebay. I got it new from Ron with slight blems in the nickle finish (shich I coundn't find) for $1700. Keep an eye on ebay because deals like that come along if you aren't in a hurry. I have the g-bar rear suspension and it looks top notch. I went with a Steeroids rack mainly because of the cost savings over some of the other options. I haven't driven the car yet but I hope to have on the road in the next couple weeks. I will be able to give you an impression at that time. Good luck on the decision. I know it is a hard and expensive one.