What Vacuum with cams.

Trying to determine cam specs from vacuum readings is absolutely senseless. Duration, Lobe Separation and IC play factors in vacuum. Wide LSAs pull higher vacuum readings, and bigger durations can bring them down....it's the combination of everything....

Joe
 
Not really looking for any specs. Curious about other combos characteristics and idle quality. My cam is very peaky. I am thinking of dumping it in favor of a custom.

If I wanted to know specific specs. I could use a dial indicator and degree wheel to get the duration and lift values.
 
Mainly I want to lower the RPM band. Torque is peaking at 5500 and HP has no sign of letting up. Yes it seems very linear on the graph.
It has OK driveability. Does not like being below 1500-1600 rpm. Low speed parking lots are a pain. It really comes alive at 3500 and gets stupid. But I think that is the blower.
I have to be QUICK shifting it at full throttle in 1st and 2nd. Rpms go from 2500-7000 is a split second.
 
It's a beast - they might not drive well in parking lots Matt! Is this a race engine in a street car? I'll be the first to admit I'm not familair with your boost curve but it probably isn't much at low rpms and the induction system is set up for rpm - it's gonna be soft down low.

I think if you work with a good cam guy you will be able to tame the beast some if you have (can get your hands on) the specs of the cam that is in there when you work with your custom cam supplier.

best of luck to you Matt...........