What weight engine oil do you run?

• Sponsors (?)

motocraft 10-30 syn-blend and a fl1a filter. good oil PSI and no valve train noise from my car. the only thing i hear is the belt and the PS pump.

I run 10w40 since I do alot of highway miles on the car. I can't remember where... maybe on here, I researched it and just gave it a go... only reason my valvetrain has noise is because I have a loose rocker.... gotta tighten it up... otherwise never had an issue.

Just Castrol 5w-30, $11 for 5 qt's at wally world, along with a motorcraft filter. I change oil every 2500 miles, so synthetic isn't worth my money.
I no of a test that was done and castol GTX came out the worst. my friend recently freshened up his engine(honda) and it has 280,000 miles on it. when we tooks the pan off and valve cover every thing looked brand new nice and clean no crud built up. he uses halvoline and runs it in all his race cars and swears by it...halvoline is just advanced autozone brand. I have also seen a handful of cars from people switching from non-synthetic to synthetic and having issues, then they switch back and problems go away.

went to the parts stores to get a bypass hose (hate that damn thing) for the vert and some oil for the oil change after we change the intake gaskets.
motorcraft 10w30 syn-blend
parts stores = 3.99 a qt but they had 5w20 in the five qt jug for 18 bucks
Wal-Mart = 2.77 a qt, they had the jugs of 5w20 but thats not what i was buying so i didnt notice teh price.
Wal-mart FTW :shrug: