Wheels-Tires What Wheels After Brake Upgrade?

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
This will hopefully be easy for someone to answer. I am putting 94-95 spindles and PBR calipers on my 91 Mustang. What am I supposed to steal the wheels off of to make it a 5 lug set up that does not rub? Oops! I mean what should I get from the salvage yard or order new wheels for?

The answer may also dictate what I do in the back. Which of the many brake options will give me the same offset in the rear of the car?

• Sponsors (?)

99-04 GT PBR calipers (the 2-piston aluminum ones for the 10.8" rotor) will clear 16" wheels.

ANy of the factory SN95 wheels will work.

WHat do you have out back for brakes? You CAN put SN95 brakes out back with the same offset...however, if you are 100% sure you ONLY will run SN95 17x8 wheels, I would so the SN95 axles and push the wheels out to be flush with the fender lips. You might have to roll the lips depending on ride height. This is the setup I have on my car with SN95 17x8 wheels.

I do intent to widen my rears to 17x9 or 17x9.5 at some point. I have the polished 01 cobra style wheel.

I'm running 17x8 Bullits on mine with no issues. It is tight up front though. Certainly can't go smaller than 17's

IMG_0186.JPG

My rear brakes have not been purchased yet. I probably will go with SN 95's since a turbo coupe rear swap is an impossible find here.

I'm pretty sure turbo coupes had 4 lug rear brakes, so if you are putting 5 lug fronts it would useless anyway.

And in your first post you said what you do in the front may dictate what you do in the rear, not sure that matters either, fox width is always safe. Me personally, i see absolutely no reason to do it any other way.

They are 02-03 Bullit wheels. 17X8"
I think the S197's were only available in 17X9" but I could be wrong on that.

Those are 05+ Bullitts. 17x8.

The offsets is a little deep on them, so they may look sunken in and you might get rub on the A-arm when turning up front. Guys usually spacers with these, or use the 01-04 bullitt for a better fit