whats a good wide band o2 with tweecer?

• Sponsors (?)

I used a PLX M300 and it was nice. A LC-1 would be OK - it requires periodiac calibration, though. I'm sure there are other good ones.

You can use a DATAQ to log boost with calcon. Do a search for DATAQ on the eectuning.org forum.

Rick

I used the LC-1 -> DataQ -> twEECer combo.

My install notes here.

Works well, definately have to calibrate it when you first get it and then every so often. The documentation says to calibrate a street-driven unit every 6 months or so. The calibration is easy - just hit a button when the sensor is in open air out the header (preferred) or in the exhaust w/ no exhaust gasses present (car has sat overnight).

rockin_rick said:
I used a PLX M300 and it was nice. A LC-1 would be OK - it requires periodiac calibration, though. I'm sure there are other good ones.

You can use a DATAQ to log boost with calcon. Do a search for DATAQ on the eectuning.org forum.

Rick

I have that same wideband. Could you tell me how you actually hooked it up to the tweecer? I know the resistor goes in between but where do you actually wire the wideband in at? If possible could you post a pic of where the wideband wire wires into?

mustangt562 said:
I have that same wideband. Could you tell me how you actually hooked it up to the tweecer? I know the resistor goes in between but where do you actually wire the wideband in at? If possible could you post a pic of where the wideband wire wires into?
yeah that would be sweet.

Bosko5.0 said:
Hey Stanger007 Did you purchase the LC-1 with a kit or by itself where did you by it? part number would help?

No problem.

I bought my kit from eBay off of dynotunenitrous.com.

Here is exactly the kit I got - a LC-1 with basic analog gague/calibraiton button.

For $20 more you can step up to the kit with a digital round gauge.

I went with the analog gauge because I knew I'd never mount the round one where it would be visible. I just use the analog one for the status light and calibration button on it. My twEECer does the actual logging.

Wes

I don't have a pic, but I wired it up as follows (on my 94):

1) I ran a 14 AWG ground wire from the ground screw below the EEC to the PLX.
2) I ran a 18 AWG power wire from the center console circuit 298 (P/O). This is 'hot in run' and I believe goes to the convertable top connector.
3) I ran a 18 AWG signal wire to the EEC, pin 27. I didn't use the EGR or EVP, so I cut the wire and wired the PLX straight into the EEC.
4) There is no resistor, there are capacitors. I wired one leg of the capacitor to the signal wire (EEC pin 27) and the other leg to the EEC's ground wire. This should be as close to the EEC as possible.

I installed the PLX on a universal radar det mount and put it in the bottom, left corner of the windshield. I ran the wire down the front of the dash, then under the drivers seat, and then under the carpet to the EEC. This wasn't the most elegant solution...

The PLX is nice in that it doesn't ever need calibration.

Rick