Whats In The Trunk??

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
So like anyone else, I like to carry a few spare parts for emergency reasons. When my distributor issues arose, I ordered one but my mechanic had a used one when i was there.
But the brand new in the box(remanufactured motorcraft distributor) from napa came in and I'm gonna keep it. Doesn't have the TFI module but I'm gonna hunt down a deal for a mototcraft one and make it complete. The box isn't that big so it's gonna stay.

I wanna know what kinda spare parts you guys carry around??

In my DD I got, from what I can think of as spare parts....

1.distributor - new
2. belt - new
3. few spark plugs, couple wires, rotor - all used
4. starter solenoid- used
5. vaccum line- new
5. oil pressure sending unit - new
6. fuses, various awg electrical wire & tape
7. various bulbs
8. (what you got???)

I walked half a mile in a damn blizzard to buy that stuff in Toronto and carried around 2 huge cans of it for 3 days because my wife had to have it. It's bland and I refuse to drink it.

I carry some tools, an air compressor, a tire plug kit, a flashlight, and AAA card. Apply Murphy's law and you are ok. Whatever part you happen to have in the trunk is bound to be a part that won't fail on the car. Whatever tool you have in the trunk is bound to be the wrong size to fix the problem. Spend $160/yr on AAA and you will never break down to the point where you need a tow.

Kurt

I love that stuff. Blows Dunkin away.

I walked half a mile in a damn blizzard to buy that stuff in Toronto and carried around 2 huge cans of it for 3 days because my wife had to have it. It's bland and I refuse to drink it.

See, I've never been a fan Tim Horton's coffee. IMO, I find it taste better and old, even when fresh. I'll drink their tea, but can't stomach the coffee unless it's loaded with cream and sugar.

I'm more of a "diner" coffee kind of guy. Believe it or not, McDonalds coffee is really popular around here with the seniors. Follow the Senior Citizens man....they always know where the good stuff is.

In my Mustang??

Full size bullitt wheel spare tire
1 qt of oil
small tool box with misc tools
breaker bar with correct size socket for lugs
Spare TFI + TFI tool and supply of grease
Sunroof storage bag
AR15

Reactions: 1 users
^^^^^Bwaaaahhahahaha!!! awesome replies!!

I had a chance for Tim Horton's coffee playing ball in Winnipeg, seems to be there Starbucks up there. They had a nice selection of yummy ass doughnuts too, I tried that Maple Cream one and I didn't stray from that piece of heaven!!!