What's it worth... 1969 Fastback 390 auto

7TCatvert

Jan 7, 2010
I got a call the other day from a guy who wants to sell a 1969 fastback (not mach 1) I went to look at it and it is an S code car with a C6. The car has been parked for 20 years does run enough to get on a trailer. The car is a W paint code Meadowlark yellow (car was painted blue almost accolpoco, Black bucket seats, interior standard, A/C car, manual drum brakes, 105xxx on Odemeter, rust is not bad bubbly on both rear qtrs and around some of the wheel arches but no where else the floors and boxes all looked solid (but did not get to poke them with a stick) Trim was complete and good shape. Glass looked good doors were straight and slammed fine. The engine was dusty but not real dirty (as in coated with grease) Did not see it run but trust the person who said got on trailer and into garage under its own power. :shrug:

Dont have any good pix of it

1. Looking for an "as is" price....

2. What I could expect to recieve if finished nice, but not perfect.

3. If I redo the car keep the blue color (jams are nice) or stripp it down and go back to yellow....

FYI (my user name is because I have a 70 Cougar Convertible with a 428CJ, I also have a 1969 Mustang Convertible triple black 351W)

• Sponsors (?)

Likely somewhere a little bit lower than you're shooting for on the triple-black 'vert; but then again, if the floor pans are in good shape; you wouldn't be spending as much on getting the FB "straight".
'69 FB's are some of the best received of the Mustangs, although there's a lot to be said for the '67-68 FB's (my favorite Mustang body).

If it were me, I'd go with the Acapulco Blue. Meadowlark Yellow is somewhat like Springtime Yellow.... pretty, but not a color you'd find the the average "Muscle Car"; which is the styling of the '69 FB.
Acapulco Blue - or the blue on your Cougar - is just gorgeous if done well.
Makes those of us with Cats colored in "1973 Medium Bown Metallic" (or a similar color) feel slightly envious! :hail2:

DD