What's The Scketchiest Place You Went To Buy A Mustang Part?

Steel1

Mustang Master
Aug 18, 2017
Connecticut
I was thinking the other day about all the time and money I spend on my car addiction..lol.
It got me thinking that in our quest to find a part we covet for a price that makes us feel like we stole it
sometimes our judgement may be clouded.
My example: I once bought a Mach I glass hood for $175, ad was on Craigslist seemed to be in good shape,
so I drove by myself in our old mini van from southern CT. to Brooklyn NY.
There I was instructed to double park in front of a deli where I would be met by two guys with the hood in
exchange for cash.
Deal actually went of without a hitch and the guys were cool, they also offered me a s/c set-up but I wasn't
prepared to purchase that. In hind site this was probably a pretty stupid move I should have at least brought
a buddy with me...lol. Anyways just wondering I anyone else has clouded judgement when it comes to car parts?

• Sponsors (?)

i drove almost 2 hours to meet a guy at his house after 2 days of going back and forth about meeting him at his work which was only an hour away. turned out the dude was on house arrest and his PO had to come by that day. but i picked up my GT40s heads for 40 bucks

Reactions: 1 user
I went to buy a set of OE 429 CJ heads in Bessemer...(A suburb of the city of Birmingham) The guy that I meet takes me right into the middle of hood. Wants me to wait in a parking lot across the street from the C-store he has to stop off at first to get a 6 pack on his way to the house. I stop where he wants me to.

Let me paint that into a picture for you.....................

You have Me, a 35 year old white guy stopping in the middle of an empty parking lot in a brand new Dodge Intrepid that just happened to be sitting on the corner of the local drug dealer networks.
I immediately get approached from two different directions by two different teams of "entrepreneurs" who want to know which of their assorted illegal controlled substances I was interested in.

Let me tell you that it was difficult trying to tell those 4 guys that I was only waiting for the guy that went into the C store to come out.

When the guy finally comes out, I follow him to his house and buy the heads uneventfully,...but I did choose a different path out of there.

I don't buy used stuff anymore,..and I make a point of staying out of Bessemer.

Last edited:
Seems like o lot of fox body parts on the local CL lists come from one of the sketchiest towns in the state. I would bet a number of them are parts off a stolen car. Needless to say I just don't go.

Well... 4 Year’s ago I went and looked at a parts car. Late 90’s lx 5.0 with long tubes. It was behind the guys house , no title and the ignition and hatch locks were drilled. Politely passed.

In high school, I got a whole interior , doors, fenders, hood, bumper, basically everything but the drive train off a car CHEAP! It was at a random persons place, looked like an abandoned house with no locks. Didn’t think much at the time cuz I wanted the deal, but looking back, I’m pretty sure the car was hot.

These are the big shady ones I remember. Lots of creepy stuff over the years.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it bad that I was the sketchy bastard in my sale? I delivered a cowl hood off my '11 GT to a kid two hours from me by strapping it on top of my SRT8... Thought it woukd fit in the minivan, but it ended up being a hair too tight. Got it there safe and sound without a scratch or rub mark though!

20170508_180711.jpg

Is it bad that I was the sketchy bastard in my sale? I delivered a cowl hood off my '11 GT to a kid two hours from me by strapping it on top of my SRT8... Thought it woukd fit in the minivan, but it ended up being a hair too tight. Got it there safe and sound without a scratch or rub mark though!

20170508_180711.jpg
Yeah, that's pretty sketchy!!